The mkiv Supra Owners Club

greets from romania

Guest reshizzo

Guest reshizzo

hello,

i am a new member here. have a 2JZ GE (non turbo) and want to build a 2JZGTE (turbo) engine to mount it on a NISSAN 200SX - S13 just for DRIFT.

best regards,

rares

Ha, small world, I was in Brasov with my other half only the other week! We were staying in Bran visiting the Castle and spent a day in the city. Brasov Hollywood style sign on on the mountainside made me chuckle :D

Also went to see Peles Castle. Scenery in the mountains around that area is really beautiful.

Ha, small world, I was in Brasov with my other half only the other week! We were staying in Bran visiting the Castle and spent a day in the city. Brasov Hollywood style sign on on the mountainside made me chuckle :D

Also went to see Peles Castle. Scenery in the mountains around that area is really beautiful.

It is a beautiful area, in fact as is much of the country. The area around the Danube in Caras Severin and Mehedinti where Romania borders with Serbia is absolutely stunning and my favourite. Sibiu is pretty incredible too.

We wanted to go to Sibiu but we didn't get time. We'll probably go there when we go back.

We're definitely planning on visiting the Danube Delta too :)

Cool, I spent a while in Braila (Danube delta) some years ago and there are some nice parts there. I first went for work reasons in the very early 90s shortly after Ceaucescu went and worked all over the country for the next 10 years, but made so many friends there and fell in love with the place that I have always gone back. So much so, we have a house there now too :) I spent a looong time working in and around Mehedinti county working out of Drobeta Turnu Severin and made a real connection with that area. The area around the iron gates dam is stunning and you can cross into an equally stunning part of Serbia by crossing the Danube on the road built on top of the dam. I spent a lot of time in Kosova, Serbia, Albania and Romania during the late 80s and 90s but nowhere else came close to Romania for me.