The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel Style

jot_ie

Hoping some one can help.

I need a new set of wheels to finally get my car back on the road, after almost 5 years

Really fell in love with ADV.1 wheels, particularly the ADV10's, pics enclosed

Unfortunately I'm getting prices around £5,500, which is almost €8,000, without tyres :-(, Silly money.

I'm hoping for 18x9.5 front and 18X11 rear.

I got the body shop to roll my rear arches while the car was being repaired and resprayed

Does anyone know of a similar style of wheel that are not going to require me to sell my first born into slavery.

I did price some new Oem Toyota wheels, €2,200 including centre caps. This may be an option but I prefer the look of the ADV's

Many thanks

ecb10ca34e2b2c71b1d274115605d5a5.jpg

1799933_792073704190998_1895209293624397689_o1.jpg

15435602699_a7644a02f7_b.jpg

Oh most definitely :)

Take a look at JDMDistro, they're based in Ireland with a good selection of proper JDM wheels, some already in the country and some available.

I treated myself to a set of these last week

http://cdn.ravspec.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/sa67r-147-2.jpg

I'm liking those :-)

What sizes did you go for and have you managed to get them on your car yet?

If you can find a set, the old Blitz Technospeed Z1 multispoke wheels look superficially similar.

They were always one of the best looking wheels on a Supra too imo.

Many thanks, ill have a look and see but I fear getting the sizes I want in a set isn't going to be easy

No, I think the cost common sizes found on Supras were 9 fronts and 10 rears.

Any decent wheel in the sizes you want are going to be very expensive though.

I'm finding that :-(. When I started I figured maybe a budget of €3,000 would get me what I wanted. I would have said that was expensive ..... but €8,000 is ridiculous

Might be worth checking put some of the offerings from some other wheel manufacturers. Your budget should get you some very nice wheels from the likes of Braid, BBS, Image wheels etc.

Those prices for those ADV1 wheels is stupid. They're obviously designed for people with more money than sense :D

Might be worth checking put some of the offerings from some other wheel manufacturers. Your budget should get you some very nice wheels from the likes of Braid, BBS, Image wheels etc.

Those prices for those ADV1 wheels is stupid. They're obviously designed for people with more money than sense :D

Crazy money, I think they are more used to putting their wheels on Ferrari's, Lambo's etc.

I actually went through exactly the same thing as you - i looked for some cheaper options but didnt find anything i was completely happy with so thought i'd park the circles till later... The two i found which i came closest to getting were these...

http://www.lkperformance.co.uk/wheels/vossen/4237-vfs1-matt-graphite?vehicle=1343&rim_size=19

main[1].jpg

and

http://www.lkperformance.co.uk/wheels/rohana/3807-rc10?vehicle=1343

main[1].jpg

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_jerez.php

alloy-wheels-rims-tsw-jerez-5-lug-rear-silver-std-org.jpg

I loved the rohanna's particularly.

Edited by Loomie (see edit history)

I actually went through exactly the same thing as you - i looked for some cheaper options but didnt find anything i was completely happy with so thought i'd park the circles till later... The two i found which i came closest to getting were these...

http://www.lkperformance.co.uk/wheels/vossen/4237-vfs1-matt-graphite?vehicle=1343&rim_size=19

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206533[/ATTACH]

http://www.lkperformance.co.uk/wheels/rohana/3807-rc10?vehicle=1343

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206534[/ATTACH]

http://www.tsw.com/alloy_wheels_jerez.php

[ATTACH=CONFIG]206535[/ATTACH]

I loved the rohanna's particularly.

Many thanks for that, I'm really liking your choices and I have to agree, the rohanna's would be my favourite too.

Unfortunately I cant park the search for wheels as its really the only big ticket item left that's stopping me putting the car back on the road.

5 years waiting for this stage to arrive :-)

Also with the style you want have you thought about a get of Lexus borbets I've always liked the idea of getting 4 rears as a set :)

Many thanks suprano

I have seen the borbets. I think there may have been a set for sale recently, just unsure of the "square" cut to them

Those Rotas might be nice, bit like the classics :-)

Many thanks for that, I'm really liking your choices and I have to agree, the rohanna's would be my favourite too.

Unfortunately I cant park the search for wheels as its really the only big ticket item left that's stopping me putting the car back on the road.

5 years waiting for this stage to arrive :-)

Yeh, the Rohana's are a beauty - honestly, i have no idea about offsets etc so rather than rack my brain trying to figure it out i thought i'd just postpone it till next year. I think the smallest the rohana's come in is a 19 though so might not fit without rolling arches.

If you do end up getting them let me know how you get on with fitment etc :thumbs:

Yeh, the Rohana's are a beauty - honestly, i have no idea about offsets etc so rather than rack my brain trying to figure it out i thought i'd just postpone it till next year. I think the smallest the rohana's come in is a 19 though so might not fit without rolling arches.

If you do end up getting them let me know how you get on with fitment etc :thumbs:

Ive done quite a bit of research on fitment over the last while.

Should be the same for 18's or 19's. The way I see it you just have to go with a larger sidewall on the tyres for 18's. 19's just limit your tyre choice in the big sizes.

My recconing is

18 x 9.5 ET 36 Fronts with 265 35 tyres

18 x 11 ET 48 Rears with 315 30 tyres

Should give a nice flush fit without rubbing (rear arches rolled). And on stock suspension, should be plenty of travel before the arches get that low anyway.

I suppose there's only one way to prove it :-)