The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs S6 versus S6 Plus

Jellybean

P&P Supra S6 Kit is £2,714.40

Syvecs S6Plus Supra ECU Plug & Play Kit £2,880.00 but once you add in the sensors as in the S6 kit its , £3,441.60

I know the S6Plus has more analog inputs , lamda, 2 knock inputs etc

I like the Billet box and it looks like a more compact unit but Does this justify the price , would you use any of the additional inputs on a Single Supra

Is anybody using one?

If you already own an S6 I believe you can upgrade to an S6 Plus carrier board and I guess case too ;)

Its not just extra IO, the S6 Plus carrier is doing a lot more, if you compare the GTR and 911 S8 kits to the S6 Plus the S8 looms have extra modules for stock module integration, the S6 Plus kit is just stock loom to ECU plug with a plain wire harness, everything else being done the S6 Plus carrier board ;)

Dual knock control is pointless on the Supra as you don't have separate banks.

I would personally go with the S6 Plus, with an S6 with traction control all your inputs will be full and will struggle to get a launch control switch added for example. You also need the digital convertors for the front wheel speed pickups and if you need a IO expander at a later date all this will easily be fore than the S6Plus. The S6Plus you will have more than enough inputs to have separate TC and CAL switches, all 4 wheel pickups and a Launch switch if your wanted. I also don't think you need the digital convertors for the front wheels.

All depends on the features your want but I can highly recommend the TC strategy as its mint in the wet. I wish I had the S6Plus as I have been forced to move the TC switch and CAL switch onto the same switch and its limited. Also can't have a Launch switch as mines full.

Dual knock control is pointless on the Supra as you don't have separate banks.

I would personally go with the S6 Plus, with an S6 with traction control all your inputs will be full and will struggle to get a launch control switch added for example. You also need the digital convertors for the front wheel speed pickups and if you need a IO expander at a later date all this will easily be fore than the S6Plus. The S6Plus you will have more than enough inputs to have separate TC and CAL switches, all 4 wheel pickups and a Launch switch if your wanted. I also don't think you need the digital convertors for the front wheels.

All depends on the features your want but I can highly recommend the TC strategy as its mint in the wet. I wish I had the S6Plus as I have been forced to move the TC switch and CAL switch onto the same switch and its limited. Also can't have a Launch switch as mines full.

Launch / flatshift on the clutch switch?

Launch / flatshift on the clutch switch?

Cant have either as don't have any inputs left for the switch. ECU still needs the switch as an input.

Also the point in the launch switch is for rolling anti-lag. Can have the launch activated just off a specific CAL and car speed/throttle position.

Edited by T2 MSW (see edit history)

Sorry for the hijack but, can any traders confirm the upgrade cost / conditions to go from an S6 to an S6 Plus?

Paul listed a price of £600 in this thread http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?327303-A-world-first!!Whifbitz-7-speed-Getrag-DCT-gearbox-conversion-for-the-Toyota-Supra

1. Syvecs S6Plus stand alone ecu to control engine and gearbox, £2880 inc VAT plus extra sensors required for the engine. If you already have a Syvecs S6GP fitted, you would need to upgrade to the Syvecs S6Plus, if you have a Syvecs S6GP you can return it to us and we can upgrade it to a Syvecs S6Plus for £660.