The mkiv Supra Owners Club

DAW Leather trimming service

Rob_Mitchell

Hi guys, just putting the feelers out really on members who would be interested in leather trimmed parts. Been working with a company for my own parts and also have templates which we made whilst doing my own project. Its a very time consuming and the labour is alot so numbers would have to be good for us to go about doing this. everything has to run correctly and be fully smooth... we are perfectionists.

colour options are not a problem and having the stitch work done in any colour if fine. I have been flooded with Pm's because of the nice work we have done on our current ongoing retrim and at present no trader offers this service and its something we enjoy doing and putting our time and skills into.

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

Interested but again depends on pricing.

Topgaiters seem to do well so I'd have thought you'd have to be competitive with them on pricing or far, far superior on quality.

they only supply the leather and dont fit the products they produce. i have seen the attempts made by buyers and some aint good, same as the company in america who supply just covers. Im only gauging interest on what feedback i have had on my own project... i know first hand the time involved in each piece.. maybe ill just do a couple of sets in black and sell them when they are done.

From the work on your thread the stuff does look fantastic, but that's the point I'm making. For me personally you'd have to kind of guarantee good fitment if you're pricing it at the higher end.

Yeah this is why i think doing a couple of spares i got in the workshop will be a good idea. over the moon with mine and feedback has been good. reason for the thread was just to gather info, ideas and let members know this could be a service available

This thread pretty much makes my membership here pointless! I suspected that the "3 months before applying for Trader status" might prove to be a problem, but now I'd end up in pretty much direct competition with another Trader!

Sad day for me, this one :(

Hes not making them yet.

And it's nice to have a choice on the forum, it can't be a monopoly.

This thread pretty much makes my membership here pointless! I suspected that the "3 months before applying for Trader status" might prove to be a problem, but now I'd end up in pretty much direct competition with another Trader!

Sad day for me, this one :(

Can you pm your prices for recovering front seats in black leather. Cheers.

Hes not making them yet.

And it's nice to have a choice on the forum, it can't be a monopoly.

I know that, but it's just frustrating for me because I don't own a Supra so my participation on here is pretty much limited to saying what nice cars members have and offering advice on threads involving retrims and things like that.

So when the time comes that the poll is started as to whether I should be able to trade or not, the majority of members are probably going to find themselves asking "Well, who is he??"

I did PM a Moderator about this issue the other day as I wanted to try and find out how far is "too far" when it comes to what I'm saying on here, but I haven't had a response as yet.

Til just now, I haven't mentioned what I do or where I do it because I don't want to jeapordise a potential Trader application. As I said, it's just a little frustrating, that's all.

Thats like me saying i cant offer polishing because other traders offer it.. lol. technically your advertising yourself on my thread lol and you aint a trader or nothing yet... i say more the merrier anyway, its good to have a choice and more new services offered. At the end of the day no one offers this so i am going to start doing a few bits and bobs. simples, plus i pay good money to be on here as a 'trader'

plus i know your company and the work is good, so more the merrier and i hope your traders goes through

Edited by Rob_Mitchell (see edit history)

plus i pay good money to be on here as a 'trader'

As I have every intention of doing around January 2016.

Sorry for the knee-jerk reaction to this thread... I'd seen an opening on this forum (hence me becoming a member) and this thread just came a bit out of nowhere. So apologies :(

As I have every intention of doing around January 2016.

Sorry for the knee-jerk reaction to this thread... I'd seen an opening on this forum (hence me becoming a member) and this thread just came a bit out of nowhere. So apologies :(

Dont bother me one bit. I have seen the work you do and also a zx owner. you aint got nothing to worry about, just stick to the club rules and go through the correct process ect.. best of luck with it all.

Right, i have had a little chat with mongo as i do know of him and his work... i think its only fair i wait for his application to go through. He does some nice work and can retrim me some seats for me being this kind to him hahahah joking.

This thread was just testing the water and offering help.

Who on earth is Mongo...??! :lol:

Good to talk to you just now, Rob.

From Mondo ;)

Personally, I think you and Mondo are that far apart that it wouldn't make much difference to either of you. Plus it would be nice to have a few more northern traders. :)

We are miles apart mate lmao.... its not worth me even going up against a proper trimmer/company... and until now i never knew he was even on this site, hence my interest to help members ect and offer this...