The mkiv Supra Owners Club

My Perfect 94 UK twin turbo now reduced

Guest MR U

I posted details some weeks ago of my totally refurbished 94 Twin Turbo and I'm going to reduce it to £11,995 if anyone out there is interested.

It was under the heading '' The best UK Supra in the world'' in the classifieds and Detailing World website have the full details showing the complete restoration and you'll find the link on this advertisement.

My number is 07887 762222.

I look forward to seeing her go to a good home.

Michael

First advert - Not great

This advert - Worse

Please use the template available in the Classifieds section to rewrite your advert. It will help you sell it quicker and help you to provide all the relevant information to make the sale easier for yourself and potential buyers.

Er such a welcoming bunch aren't we!

It's a great looking car, bet no one has seen it in the flesh to say any different, have they?

Some people want a new car, the guy probably spent £4-5K very recently on it and others are calling for all new suspension etc etc. Someone pops up an original paintwork one for £6,000 and everyone would say how cheap it is when you could easily spend £6K getting up to Michael's standard.

That it's still for sale says the market is slow and it may have been over priced, but he's reduced it accordingly and still just keeps getting crap!

Guest markolambo

Agree re the points made by scooter re has anyone actually seen this in the flesh it the only way. Also why so for sale threads turn into lets rubbish a car. Go and and see it and take the buying guide...if your not impressed walk away....dont just look at pictures

As you say..very welcoming.

To the guys who think its over priced, it stands me in at about £17.000 and anyone who's seen the KDS thread on Detailing World would understand the hundreds of hours spent to make it the best I can and I do realise that unless you see it in the flesh you probably can't appreciate it.

Most people on this forum seem to prefer something non standard.

Probably best to leave it in the garage and not have all the insults..

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but i don't insult people and I never insult someones car. If they love it, then great that's what's it's all about

I can see both sides of this though to be fair. You have to understand MR U, you are making a HUGE claim about your car and then only find the time to spend 30 seconds advertising it. A car of such a standard definitely deserves a full spread of information for people to ponder on the forum. If you had joined the forum for anything other than to sell your car you would not be met with anywhere near the reception that you have. For example, if it was an introduction thread showing off your car and what you had done with it..... we would all be congratulating you.

So many bandwagons, so little time.

I can see both sides of this though to be fair. You have to understand MR U, you are making a HUGE claim about your car and then only find the time to spend 30 seconds advertising it. A car of such a standard definitely deserves a full spread of information for people to ponder on the forum. If you had joined the forum for anything other than to sell your car you would not be met with anywhere near the reception that you have. For example, if it was an introduction thread showing off your car and what you had done with it..... we would all be congratulating you.

Give that man a cigar. Good post :)

I must say, this car does looks fantastic, however, the advert is very vague as others have pointed out.

Vehicle reg? FSH?

Pics of the underside will show how clean the car really is as my only concern would be, you could give any reasonably looked after car a fresh lick of paint and a detail. Pictures of how the car was prior to the respray will also help.

Once you've covered all the bases, I don't see why you can't ask whatever price you want, TBH. Someone would be hard pressed finding another like this.

I must say, this car does looks fantastic, however, the advert is very vague as others have pointed out.

Vehicle reg? FSH?

Pics of the underside will show how clean the car really is as my only concern would be, you could give any reasonably looked after car a fresh lick of paint and a detail. Pictures of how the car was prior to the respray will also help.

Once you've covered all the bases, I don't see why you can't ask whatever price you want, TBH. Someone would be hard pressed finding another like this.

Pretty much covers what I was thinking

To the guys who think its over priced, it stands me in at about £17.000 and anyone who's seen the KDS thread on Detailing World would understand the hundreds of hours spent to make it the best I can and I do realise that unless you see it in the flesh you probably can't appreciate it.

Most people on this forum seem to prefer something non standard.

Probably best to leave it in the garage and not have all the insults..

Maybe I'm old fashioned, but i don't insult people and I never insult someones car. If they love it, then great that's what's it's all about

Afraid what a car stands you and what its worth are usually two vastly different numbers

Good luck with the sale

Nice to see your introduction thread and your willingness to read the club rules before listing your car for sale....

insults

Where?

If you're insulted by somebody saying your sales advert was rubbish and that somebody said the car is overpriced then the internet isn't the place for you imo.

You have spent all this money on your car and you talk about a thread on a detailing forum which shows all the work done, but then don't even put the link to that thread in your post? what?

Spend more time making the advert if you really want to sell it.

It's laziness.

I dont normally comment on threads like this, but this may help the community.

http://i1230.photobucket.com/albums/ee483/kdsdetailing/Detailing/Toyota/Supra%20L11MGU/After%20outside/IMG_6887.jpg

Judging by this picture the registration is L11 MGU.

Comes back as

Red Toyota 3000cc.

Registration date 28th Sept 1994.

Taxed till April 2016

MOT'D till 28 March 2016

I am sure the eagle eyed out there would have already uncovered this though, from the detailing thread.

Best of luck with sale. ;)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.