The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Number plate mounting.

FOSTA

Nearly 3 years for me of not running one. IIRC the worst you can get is £60 fine. Just put some sticky backing on it, and if pulled over say it fell off, and then go drive to halfords and restick it on.

That's exactly what I did (keep it in the back and claim it fell off if questioned) and was fined £60 after maybe 3 weeks with it off. Promptly put it back on as you can be summoned to court for a second offence, albeit very unlikely

Don't get me started on bloody front number plates...

Drove around for a year in my old 106 with a smoothed front end and no plate absolutely hassle free.

Smoothed the front end of the supra with no plate and had a £100 fine slapped on my windscreen the same evening!

Rang up disputing it (said it had been knicked and that £100 for one missing plate was ridiculous anyway) and essentially got told to f*ck off and pay up.

Refused to pay, had a couple of letters come through the post saying this and that but I'm pretty stubborn and continued to drag it out,

Even had the copper who issued it stalking me to see if I had fitted a plate (I hadn't). Three times I caught him driving past my car to have a look, one time I was working on it and he stopped and made a remark although there was nothing he could do as the car was parked on my property.

Then one evening I drove past him, he instantly spun his car round and obviously I knew what was coming (he'd been waiting to catch me out on the street) stupidly, utterly bloody stupidly I decided to out run him. As soon as I saw him brake and spin round I gunned it and left him as a blue glow in the distance. Felt awesome at the time I must admit but he soon found me later on in the evening while I was trying to sneak home (he knew where I lived! What was I thinking!)

He wasn't impressed to say the least. Although his colleague complimented my car lol which probably pissed him off even more!

I got a right bollocking understandably and was told I would be referred to court but never heard anything since

Don't get me started on bloody front number plates...

Drove around for a year in my old 106 with a smoothed front end and no plate absolutely hassle free.

Smoothed the front end of the supra with no plate and had a £100 fine slapped on my windscreen the same evening!

Rang up disputing it (said it had been knicked and that £100 for one missing plate was ridiculous anyway) and essentially got told to f*ck off and pay up.

Refused to pay, had a couple of letters come through the post saying this and that but I'm pretty stubborn and continued to drag it out,

Even had the copper who issued it stalking me to see if I had fitted a plate (I hadn't). Three times I caught him driving past my car to have a look, one time I was working on it and he stopped and made a remark although there was nothing he could do as the car was parked on my property.

Then one evening I drove past him, he instantly spun his car round and obviously I knew what was coming (he'd been waiting to catch me out on the street) stupidly, utterly bloody stupidly I decided to out run him. As soon as I saw him brake and spin round I gunned it and left him as a blue glow in the distance. Felt awesome at the time I must admit but he soon found me later on in the evening while I was trying to sneak home (he knew where I lived! What was I thinking!)

He wasn't impressed to say the least. Although his colleague complimented my car lol which probably pissed him off even more!

I got a right bollocking understandably and was told I would be referred to court but never heard anything since

You are now my new hero! :rlol:

They look undeniably sexy without the plate but it is just not worth the hassle. I ran small plates on the front (attached with L brackets to the roof of the mouth)

[ATTACH]206464[/ATTACH][ATTACH]206465[/ATTACH]

Looks so lovely Ross :cool:

Perhaps the perfect solution from a legal standpoint, although this method would reduce the air flow into a FMIC (if you have one).

I ran a small number plate for about 4 years and I live in central London where you will go past a police car pretty much every single day.

Think you can only get fined for no number plate (using fall off excuse), but it can be worse for incorrect sizing etc

They look undeniably sexy without the plate but it is just not worth the hassle. I ran small plates on the front (attached with L brackets to the roof of the mouth)

[ATTACH]206464[/ATTACH][ATTACH]206465[/ATTACH]

Yeah Ross I was thinking that myself, i had my plate fixed like this with "L" Brakers on my last supra but I had the bigger mouth with it having the du-luck front number on.