The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Na t injector options

HarleyFDMD

Hello, again,

Sorry if people are getting sick of my questions, but I appreciate all the help I get.

Injectors for an na t build, I have had a look about and found some useful information but would like to clear afew things up before I spend any money..

My current injectors will be jspec 330 low impedance I believe.

My build will hopefully bring me upto around the 400bhp mark so 440s won't be enough (read that ideally injectors shouldn't be ran past 80% and roughly 1bhp-1cc?)

Being na they will be top mount, so I can't use the UK spec 550cc side mounts? And a tt rail won't fit na lower runners,

But I have read that 550cc RX7 injectors drop straight in? (which also appear to be very cheap)

Is all this correct?

Any advice on which I should use?

RX7 550s are drop in and require no resisters...best choice but hard to find since the rx7 only had 2 fitted iirc, the other 2 injectors were different so finding 6 may be a long road ahead

440s from the 7m engine with resisters will be fine at that power, my old one was over 400 at 18psi and i used 440s fine, many dyno runs and mapping session without any mentions of upgrading them (unless i wanted any more power)

I think the part number for the rx injectors are 195500-2020, shame i sold a set of 6 a few months ago that i had to go on my old one, they were literally on ebay 5 minutes

Yer the 7ms are top feed and fit, you just need to wire a resister inline to each one

Just make sure they are the correct ones as there are quite a few different variants, the ones you need are the purple top from the 89-91 rx7 part number in my post above

Seals im not too sure as i never fitted mine, but i think they fit straight on using the supra end cap bits

Be a good idea to send them away for ultrasonic cleaning, place i used changed all seals etc as part of the job and well worth doing especially as you wont be buying a full set from 1 car

Chris Wilson offers this service too i believe