The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Lexus GS 300 Sport 1999 - Blue

foggy147

Due to us finally being in a strong position to buy our first home, I am wanting to cut my outgoings down as much as possible, so I am looking at getting a much more sensible car...a Toyota Corolla 1.4 or 1.6!!

This Lexus was purchased last November from forum member ' Stonkin' - See previous for sale thread - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?315315-Exceptional-Lexus-GS300-Sport&highlight=stonkin+lexus+300

I am very confident Stonkin will back up the history of this car and how well it has been looked after both in their ownership and mine.

***New MOT passed with no advisories, valid until December 2016 ***

Lexus GS300 Sport on a private reg V plate

3.0L with Sports mode & Snow mode

Dark blue with contrasting gold badges

Heated seats

Electric memory seats

Air conditioning

Electric Windows

Automatic dimming rear view mirror

Dual climate control

Xenon headlights

Sport grille

Electric sunroof

Sat nav

6 cd changer

18” Sport Alloys

Grey leather with sport trim

82500 miles

2 Previous owners

3 Keys

Full size 18" sport allow spare wheel - unused

MOT until 9th December – no advisories - Will be putting a new MOT on the car Mid November

All previous MOT's to back up the mileage

Lots of service receipts

In my ownership it has had new front and rear brake disc and pads, oil change, air filter. I had it checked over and it was commented just how clean the car is considering the age, describing the underside as a car of only a few years old. Also, not that it means much but I am a bit of a stickler for having the original brochures etc that came with the car, especially with it being a rarer model. I purchased the original GS300 sport brochure, and manual when I first purchased the car.

The car is pure luxury, everything on the car works as it should, from the pop up supra style ariel, to the electric seats, sunroof, mirrors, Air con, it all works. The drive is sublime, you can barely notice the gear change, and the power is extremely smooth for such a big, heavy car!

In terms of bodywork, the front bumper and front part of the bonnet does unfortunately suffer from stone chips, with this being the sport model it's about 30-40mm lower than the standard GS300, and I would say this is the worst part of the car in terms of bodywork. Apart from that is is very very tidy for it's age, it polishes up beautifully, with barely any scratches, dents etc to detract from the overall look of the car. The alloys would definitely benefit from a refurb, as they have signs of lacquer peel, but again, only noticeable when stood right up to the car.

The interior is great condition, you can tell the rear seats were barely ever used, the front drivers side does have slight cracking of the leather, but absolutely no rips, stains etc. The inside of this car cleans up exceptionally well, again putting much newer cars to shame. Does come with the original GS300 sports mat's, but these have faded and would benefit from fresh ones to really make the interior look perfect.

I have looked after this car extremely well since owning it, with regular washing, polishing and waxing to help keep it looking it's best.

Mechanically I cannot see or feel anything that would make me concerned, everything feels tight and solid, no knocks etc, the car drives beautifully, you will not be disappointed in the way this car eats up the miles.

I will be extremely gutted to let this car go, it has been a pleasure to own, I had always wanted to have a luxury car, and as soon as I saw Stonkins advert for this I had to have it, but buying our first home does obviously take priority and having a more sensible car will help free up some more cash.

I'm hoping this goes to a forum member who will continue to cherish this car, as it was due to unfortunate circumstances that this car came up for sale in the first place.

I would consider a p/x but only with a Toyota Corolla 1.4 or 1.6 petrol, either manual or auto. With no more than 60-70k miles. I will not consider anything else, I am going 100% sensible and reliable for the next year or two!!

In no rush at all to sell, I was considering putting it up in the new year but thought I would test the waters here first.

£2600 - Sensible offers considered

Please see below pictures, taken only within the last couple of months, any questions please do not hesitate to contact me.

I don't think I will ever see pictures of this car, and my heart not sink.

Seriously, this car has been looked after unconditionally by my Dad, and has continued to live a pampered life since. The most important factor was that this car was sold to someone who would appreciate it and look after it as he did. When selling, if I didn't like their character and believe it would be well treated, they would have been turned away, as that's what Dad would have wanted. I couldn't have sold the car to a better person than I did.

It is so much car for the money and is everything as described above, and more.

If anyone from here buys it, please, cherish it.

Best of luck with the sale, I'm sure it wont be up for long.

Christian

I don't think I will ever see pictures of this car, and my heart not sink.

Seriously, this car has been looked after unconditionally by my Dad, and has continued to live a pampered life since. The most important factor was that this car was sold to someone who would appreciate it and look after it as he did. When selling, if I didn't like their character and believe it would be well treated, they would have been turned away, as that's what Dad would have wanted. I couldn't have sold the car to a better person than I did.

It is so much car for the money and is everything as described above, and more.

If anyone from here buys it, please, cherish it.

Best of luck with the sale, I'm sure it wont be up for long.

Christian

Hi Christian, very kind words much appreciated! It truly is a fantastic car, there cannot be many cars about in this price range were you get so much for your money. I hope someone from the club buys it who will also continue to look after it as it deserves to be. There's time for me to change my mind yet!!

Such a nice car, and you can see how well loved it has been :cool: If my Corrado sells any time soon, I'd be tempted to have this as a daily. Convert it to LPG, and you'd have a car that would cover huge distances effortlessly, reliably, and return decent miles per £.

Such a nice car, and you can see how well loved it has been :cool: If my Corrado sells any time soon, I'd be tempted to have this as a daily. Convert it to LPG, and you'd have a car that would cover huge distances effortlessly, reliably, and return decent miles per £.

lovely car GLWS

in regards to lpg i've just got a new winter daily (3.9 v8 disco) and thats converted to lpg and the running costs for such a larger engine are fantastic especially compared to dailying my supra its returning around 15-18mpg but only costs 50p/litre

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.