The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie looking for supra

Guest Kieran_ctr

Guest Kieran_ctr

Hey everyone

I am a massive jap car fanatic & owned many jap cars & now I am looking for a nicely modified manual turbo or n/a supra? Any advice on what to look for on buying would be helpful :)

Hope I find one soon as I'm very picky

Edited by Kieran_ctr (see edit history)

Guest Kieran_ctr
You need to be a paid up member to use the classifieds here (worth it IMO)

Also you may notice a slight difference in performance and cost between a Manual TT and a NA.

I have around £9000 to play with

Welcome Kieran. You're budget is okay but it wont get you a six speed twin turbo, only an auto TT for that money. If you can get another 2k together then possibly you too could be living the dream.

As you don't seem to have much knowledge on the MKiV Supra i suggest you check the forum front page, there is downloadable content in the form of a model differences chart and a buyers guide which is a good start, goodluck :)

Do lots of homework before you buy so you get the right car and not an unloved shed.

There's a huge difference between the NA and a modded TT, around 200 hp if the tt is running a bit of extra boost

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?67644-What-to-check-when-buying-a-Supra

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?59334-Supra-Guide-and-Model-Differences-Chart

Edited by Dnk (see edit history)

Guest Kieran_ctr

Thanks everyone for the replies, what auto like as I love gear changing & most likely would miss manual so I'm best looking for a manual, what is the TT model? Sorry I'm just new to the supra scene & arent fully clued up on them as yet.

Thanks everyone for the replies, what auto like as I love gear changing & most likely would miss manual so I'm best looking for a manual, what is the TT model? Sorry I'm just new to the supra scene & arent fully clued up on them as yet.

Best to drive them and see for yourself

TT is twin turbo

NA is normally aspirated

Guest Kieran_ctr
Read the links I posted in post no 8

i will do mate thanks :)

I want one like ripped_fear supra that sold as that was stunning & looked perfect for what I am after