The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Exhaust type and loudness

ShawnPreece

Any of you guys who know my car will know that for the look of it and the power it's very quiet, it is fully decat and has a 3" whiffbitz exhaust (still with baffles) on it atm.

I am having a screamer pipe made up from Tim at TB Developments over the winter but also now thinking I want it abit louder all the time aswell as that, originally I was happy with it being quieter but I have a daily for if I want a quiet relaxing drive so thinking I want it louder...

Question is from your experience would you recommend removing the baffles or a totally different exhaust system? Want something that sounds powerful aswell as louder so just want to see what you all recommend doing from your experience?

ETS exhaust is about £1400 if I remember, I dont think HKS make the Ti anymore. But Lee managed to get a deal.

That's 1400 dollars so £915 as its all TI its extremely light shipping wont be to much ETS where very cheap when I bought my intercooler from them, the HKS TI is like £1080 inc vat or cheaper in the group deal but that's been and gone now the op would of missed that

I assume the wastegate is currently plumbed back into the downpipe? Fitting a screamer pipe will make it VERY loud when you boot it, you may want to consider waiting until that's fitted before deciding to change the exhaust.

If the WB exhaust has a 2nd silencer on the mid pipe, you could just get it cut out and get a straight through pipe welded in it's place.

Edited by Nic (see edit history)

I assume the wastegate is currently plumbed back into the downpipe? Fitting a screamer pipe will make it VERY loud when you boot it, you may want to consider waiting until that's fitted before deciding to change the exhaust.

If the WB exhaust has a 2nd silencer on the mid pipe, you could just get it cut out and a straight through pipe welded in it's place.

Thanks Nic that sounds like a great idea :thumbs: better to see the difference on the screamer pipe first and nothing to lose by cutting out the silencer after so might aswell do that first to see what I think if that before buying a new system :)