The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1994 Twin Turbo Production Numbers without rear wing

Guest senatoril

Guest senatoril

Good Evening, my father has a 1994 Twin Turbo Supra without the rear wing. We are wondering how many were built without the wing. We have been told that this is a low number. our research only showed it was an option that year. Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank You Curt

No I think he's right I've read something before about the first ones not having spoilers , needs further investigation I think .

Do you mean all the early ones or as an option? Can't see why though, all the early marketing material shows the spoiler and I would imagine Toyota felt it necessary to have it standard from a safety point of view to reduce lift at high speeds; much like Audi had to with the TT

They had spoilers throughout production, spoiler deletes were an option in some markets. They do appear in Japan occasionally, 93 right up until 2002. There was a lovely stock white 2002 RZ with under 10k kms for sale in Japan earlier this year with a spoiler delete. :cool:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest senatoril

Thanks for the information, he has had from new and the spoiler was not on it when it arrived at the dealership. Have a great evening. We just thought there was info out their that showed production runs and how many left the factory without spoilers.