The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New UK member NA Aerotop

tintinmt

• 3 months later...

bbs wheels resized.jpg

Now with a set of BBS LMP 18x8 and 18x9. Continentals on all four.

Many hours spent disassembling, stripping & cleaning. I had them repainted in an anthracite colour. It came out a bit darker than I intended. More hours putting them back together with new bolts and valves with the centres reversed to give a bit more offset.

You'll see from the pic that that ride height is still 'stock'.

Readers, she rides with all the comfort of a Roman chariot on the Appian way. I must replace the suspension!

Since I have to replace the rear shocks and springs all round I'm guessing some kind of adjustable coilover set up is the way to go.

I know the subject's been done to death on the forums but I'm open to suggestions for a set up that will lower the height at the front and give a comfortable ride on the hideous roads hereabouts.

Oh, by the way, I also replaced the exhaust system that was shot, the gas struts on the tailgate and cleaned up the headlights as best I could.

'Plenty more jobs on the list.....

Welcome, nice project on the way...hope to see it returned to its full glory.

Don't think I've seen it done before around here but it might be interesting for a lot of new members (like myself) to also see the cost involved in such a project.

Cheers,

J

Thanks Juvett. I don't want to think about the cost of the wheels, less still give the missus an inkling :sly:

The rest of it so far has been basic stuff. I did buy the complete OEM exhaust system used for £20 - bargain! It had been in a garage for donkey's years.

Still hoping for some advice on the suspension. Planning on visiting JD Motorsport in Leatherhead as they seem to stock the Tein setup that I see mentioned often. Parts are circa £450 and that's a basic package. I'm concerned that maybe I should go for higher quality.