The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Considering selling up...

Guest Ec1202014

Guest Ec1202014

Hey fellas,

Considering selling up. I've taken a new job back in England and looking at the area I'm moving to I just cannot afford a place with a garage - and I cannot live with leaving my Supe outside, and even if I could, parking is a premium and this is the third car in the house hold.

My question, is it worth selling now being an aerotop and coming into winter or shall I store it in my fathers garage for the winter and sell it in spring/summer time? I'm not looking to sell it desperately, the money in my pocket would be useful but hoping I can live without for 6 months.

My car is this one by the way http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?322680-I-finally-found-one!-I-m-now-an-Aerotop-owner-I-ll-call-her-Kuro

Thoughts and opinions appreciated gents. Happy to hear what you think it's worth though.

You can always seek out a farmer or a farmhouse owner with a well aired secure barn or two. I have a 0.4 acre barn that we stored a 280 Brooklands Capri for someone over the winter and it ended up being removed 17years later. The car was fully insured under our buildings insurance so all the owner ever did was SORN it. With a good set of cats on the prowl there was never any rodent problem and we only charged £40 a month. The way Supras are appreciating, you'd be quids in putting it away somewhere, anywhere so I'd recommend asking around.