The mkiv Supra Owners Club

eBay TRD spoilers.

FOSTA

Hey guys,

I'm sure this would have been covered before.

I'm wanting a TRD rear spoiler with the carbon blade. I was looking at getting one from knight racer and noticed there prices are now £400 last time I looked they where £350.00

So i just took a quick look in eBay and seen them for sale for £256.00!!! That's a huge saving but I'm not sure as the cheap price also puts me off slightly. So I just wanted to ask if any of you guys had ever purchased one of these spoilers from eBay?

I see they would be coming from Hong Kong which also puts me off abit too.

So anybody on here purchased one of these if so is there any problems to report?

Link to them here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281714154210

Thanks jamie. :)

If you go on AliExpress there is a seller selling a half carbon version for £170 delivered from Hong Kong

Big Mark on here has one and as far as im aware there were no fitment issues

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carbon-Fiber-Blade-Toyota-93-98-Supra-JZA80-Rear-Wing-Trunk-Spoiler/668794851.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.140.MRiMBF&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb201527_1,searchweb201560_9

I haven't ever purchased one but from the looks of them they seem to be a very good replica. Taking the price into consideration, if they fit as well as the genuine TRD then you're laughing.

Id imagine that they would have tested the spoiler before marketing them, ebay is so dependent on feedback so they want it to fit. It looks to dissemble so you can paint match the sides.

I'd say give it a go! unless someone has experience with terrible fitment from one, it's a hell of a saving!

If you go on AliExpress there is a seller selling a half carbon version for £170 delivered from Hong Kong

Big Mark on here has one and as far as im aware there were no fitment issues

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Carbon-Fiber-Blade-Toyota-93-98-Supra-JZA80-Rear-Wing-Trunk-Spoiler/668794851.html?spm=2114.01020208.3.140.MRiMBF&ws_ab_test=searchweb201556_9_71_72_73_74_75,searchweb201527_1,searchweb201560_9

Indeed I have and fitment was spot on. Don't forget that you'll have to pay customs charge which is £20-30.

I'd chose alibaba over ebay on this occasion. Plus the alibaba one comes with carbon fibre end caps, doesn't look like ebay one does.

Hey guys,

I'm sure this would have been covered before.

I'm wanting a TRD rear spoiler with the carbon blade. I was looking at getting one from knight racer and noticed there prices are now £400 last time I looked they where £350.00

So i just took a quick look in eBay and seen them for sale for £256.00!!! That's a huge saving but I'm not sure as the cheap price also puts me off slightly. So I just wanted to ask if any of you guys had ever purchased one of these spoilers from eBay?

I see they would be coming from Hong Kong which also puts me off abit too.

So anybody on here purchased one of these if so is there any problems to report?

Link to them here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/281714154210

Thanks jamie. :)

You be wasting your money on this one , I went to their shop to see it in person while in Hong Kong 2 years ago and the build quality are awful . not recommended.

Indeed I have and fitment was spot on. Don't forget that you'll have to pay customs charge which is £20-30.

I'd chose alibaba over ebay on this occasion. Plus the alibaba one comes with carbon fibre end caps, doesn't look like ebay one does.

Have you got any photos of it fella? Also photos of the carbon blade?

Thanks jamie :)

How did you pay mark I've just took a quick look there. Can I pay with PayPal? I've just registered on there but just never heard of it before. Also it says it's free shipping with E_Ems is that what you went with for shipping? Just never heard of that either lol.

Thanks jamie :)

Can't remember exactly how I paid but it was no hassle at all, just follow the instructions. And I think EMS is like a Chinese parcel force, again just follow instructions on screen.

When it arrives in UK is when it slows down. Customs have to evaluate it, then hand it over to Parcel Force who will send you the customs charge, plus their handling fee, once you pay that then you can arrange delivery or collect it yourself.

I'm in south africa and have imported copy trd spoilers for local supra owners. It depends how fussy you are. The spoilers I imported were great. (For the money).less than 150usd.

if you need something perfect where you might have nothing to complain about then rather buy oem and pay top dollar.

• 2 weeks later...