The mkiv Supra Owners Club

tvr Chimaera and supra

mr keef

There was actually a road test in an old top gear mag of sup vs chimera vs e36 m3. Sup best overall. I think they said tvr faster if you know the roads well, sup if you don't. performance of the tvr was way faster than the sup and m3 but obviously a bpu car will be a little quicker.

I don't think that theres a lot in performance between a bpu Supra and a 4.0 Chimaera. I've driven both and I wouldn't want to bet much on it either way.

Now a 5.0 Chim or Griffith, that's a different kettle of fish ;)

I'd be very dissapointed if I had one of these and couldn't beat a standardish Supra (obviously single turbo cars excepted)

I bet you're looking at that cheap Chimaera on PH, mr keef :D

There was actually a road test in an old top gear mag of sup vs chimera vs e36 m3. Sup best overall. I think they said tvr faster if you know the roads well, sup if you don't. performance of the tvr was way faster than the sup and m3 but obviously a bpu car will be a little quicker.

It was the Cerbera they tested - it was a trip to the Isle of Man - the last page with the performance results and their summary can be seen here:

http://www.megaboost.co.uk/supra/articles/topgear-july96-11.jpg

If I was buying new at that time I suspect I'd have taken the Cerbera and spent the £5500 saving over the Supra on AA, RAC and Green Flag memberships just to be sure ;)

caliAl

He was looking over cause he was running 6,000rpm and he was wondering how we where still passing him he thought these was something wrong with his car :), we spoke to him at the end of the track was a nice lad and was real supprised that such a big car could have got him in a 1/4 he said he usually dont get passed once he has a ncie lead.

Andy

[Cerbera] 0-100 time would completely annihilate a Supra.

Top Gear had it 4 seconds quicker to 100 and on a 0-140 it was 11 seconds faster than the Supra!

Having said that they only managed a 14.4 on the 1/4 in the Supra so who knows how accurate the figures were.

My Dad has a 4.0 Chimaera which I drive on a fairly regular basis in the Summer.

I can safely say that my Supra would would easily beat it - but then the Supra is BPU. Stock Supra would be a close run thing, but I would probably still give the edge to the Supe.

TVR is quick though, and there really is no beating the V8 noise, with popping exhaust and the roof down in the Summer :friday:

I love them both! :eyebrows:

The reason why im asking is that,my car was recently up for sale and i got a phone call from a bloke who has a chimera 4.2,he wants to do a straight swap bearing in mind his is a total standard car apart from the headlight kit off the new cerbera,i think its worth more than my supe,but there again the realiability does worry me.He doesnt wana go through the whole trying to sell it lark and he also fancies a change so its all got me thinking :confused:

We've had the Chimaera for almost 3 years now, and haven't had a single technical problem (the odd bit of trim has come unstuck etc, but nothing bad). Having said that, it's only taxed for 6 months a year during the Summer as my Dad is too scared of it in the Winter! The Supra is worse in the wet though I reckon!

Get the sports exhuast conversion (remove the baffles), and it sounds like the gateway to hell has opened when you start the car up :flame Dev :flame Dev

We've had the Chimaera for almost 3 years now, and haven't had a single technical problem (the odd bit of trim has come unstuck etc, but nothing bad). Having said that, it's only taxed for 6 months a year during the Summer as my Dad is too scared of it in the Winter! The Supra is worse in the wet though I reckon!

Get the sports exhuast conversion (remove the baffles), and it sounds like the gateway to hell has opened when you start the car up :flame Dev :flame Dev

pm sent mate :eek:

The reason why im asking is that,my car was recently up for sale and i got a phone call from a bloke who has a chimera 4.2,he wants to do a straight swap bearing in mind his is a total standard car apart from the headlight kit off the new cerbera,i think its worth more than my supe,but there again the realiability does worry me.He doesnt wana go through the whole trying to sell it lark and he also fancies a change so its all got me thinking :confused:

He contacted me too as I was helping sell another Supra. He tried to do a deal via txt on Friday night when I was in cardiff getting bladdered. Needless to say it didnt happen.

He contacted me too as I was helping sell another Supra. He tried to do a deal via txt on Friday night when I was in cardiff getting bladdered. Needless to say it didnt happen.

lol yea cj its recorded on vrm cat D the fekin asshole cost me 35 pound but hey im pleased i done it,and i asked him over and over if it had been damaged and he said no no its mint every time!!!!!!!wot a numpty!!!!