The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1jz into mk4 supra

mik3ysupra

hi all

i know this proberly has been mentioned many times but i seem to see loads of threads etc but all contain different bits of information and i cant find a thread containing the information from start to finish

basicaly i have an auto na supra which has already been converted to r154 manual with an os gliken twin plate clutch

i have just purchased a 1jz gte engine and will want to try and fit it soon (i got the complete engine with loom and ecu)

just wanted to know if there was any thing else i will need and if anyone knew of any good guides on this swap or give me a little information on any tricky bits or tips etc

also do you think i should leave the gb in the car or remove with the na engine and then fit it to the 1jz while out the car

many thanks mike

There is a thread on here with all the wiring that needs doing. For the engine swap just follow the thread on swapping a 2jzgte in to an NA. That would cover the main things to do.

But it's not a hard swap to do. Once you have stripped the NA lump out you will know how the 1jz will go in.

I left the box connected to my engine, which makes it a it more ifs pain getting it all out and back in. So I would take box off. Also take front bumper of fit makes things a bit easier.

I used the na engine mounts not the 1jz as the looked better. If you follow the guide for the wiring and have it all in place it should just be a matter of spending a morning in the footwear soldering and it should start on the key. 2 little issues may be fuel pump control, I had to do the 12v mod to get it to run but have since run a new 12v fused feed the other is if you have a 1jz auto wiring loom and ecu, you will need to bridge 2 wires from the selector to pretend the car is in neutral so it will start.

I used the na engine mounts not the 1jz as the looked better. If you follow the guide for the wiring and have it all in place it should just be a matter of spending a morning in the footwear soldering and it should start on the key. 2 little issues may be fuel pump control, I had to do the 12v mod to get it to run but have since run a new 12v fused feed the other is if you have a 1jz auto wiring loom and ecu, you will need to bridge 2 wires from the selector to pretend the car is in neutral so it will start.

Thanks for that im going to be starting it next week ,

i take it i just need to buy a normal front mount intercooler for a supra and will line up all ok with the 1jz as they are pretty much the same ?

my supra was an auto already converted to manual so hope i dont run into any issue and disturb whats been done if i get stuck during the swap i shall leave a post

thanks everyone