The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Sorry but another wheel question

Supraleeturbo

I run a 18x10 ET20 rear wheel, I have 255/40 and it fits but I also know I could run 265/35.

By running a 10.5 the tread of the tyre will not move in proportion the arch at all. How much power is our dad going to be running to warrant a 295 tyre ?

At BPU I dont struggle for grip with the Bridgestones in 255/40/18

I run a 18x10 ET20 rear wheel, I have 255/40 and it fits but I also know I could run 265/35.

By running a 10.5 the tread of the tyre will not move in proportion the arch at all. How much power is our dad going to be running to warrant a 295 tyre ?

At BPU I dont struggle for grip with the Bridgestones in 255/40/18

It's more to do with look for him he wants a dished wheel with a 9.5-10j rear to have that wide look but we can't seem to find any other than xxr531 but after seeing them in person they look very cheap and tacky!

By running a 10.5 the tread of the tyre will not move in proportion the arch at all.

If you fitted 18x10.5 ET 20 wouldn't the wheel stick out ie be closer to the arch by 1/4"?

If you fitted 18x10.5 ET 20 wouldn't the wheel stick out ie be closer to the arch by 1/4"?

What I am saying is that on my rear wheels which are 18x10et20 that if I went to a 10.5 et20 then yes the wheel will stick in and out by 1/4 " but the tyre will be stretched 1/4" both ways so the main tread will remain in the same position and the sidewall will have more of an angle on it

Dads looking at a new set of wheels

10.5j et 20 rear

9j et 25 front

Would these fit and the rear has a rolled arch. I'm thinking sticking a 295 on the rear to keep it in the arch

Many thanks

why you no listen?????

you asked me this the other day!!

that rear wheel will stick out 21mm more than yours, now go put a ruler on the lip of your wheel and see why it wont work. look at whats happened to the mx5 from putting the wrong wheels on it

you might at a push get the fronts on but they will rub the front arch liner on lock

dont go n ruin a nice car

why you no listen?????

you asked me this the other day!!

that rear wheel will stick out 21mm more than yours, now go put a ruler on the lip of your wheel and see why it wont work. look at whats happened to the mx5 from putting the wrong wheels on it

you might at a push get the fronts on but they will rub the front arch liner on lock

dont go n ruin a nice car

that was a diffrent set of wheels he was talking about mate

- - - Updated - - -

cheers jake these are what hes after but noone in the uk do them anymore so looks like the usa it is