The mkiv Supra Owners Club

For Anyone With Replica/Fake Harnesses......

craig85

Is that the harness or the crap bolts?

Also important to make sure they're fitted correctly, angle of anchor points etc.

The harness snap hooks.

- - - Updated - - -

Any way of identifying real from fake?

Besides hitting a tree at 50mph while wearing them.

Speak to the manufacturer they are very helpful with this sort of thing.

Its why I have always and will always use TRS.. UK based company with really good quality belts.

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Is this a relatively recent occurrence?

Mine must be six years old, if they're a day.

Not sure how long its been going on, the result of enquiry has not been announced.

It is always best to make sure, so give the company you bought them off a call, there should be a serial number on the expiry lable. Give them that and they will tell you if all is well.

Sometimes these also check out as they copy them from other belts. There are other differences as well, webbing patterns as well as stitching patterns.

What make are yours?

Edited by ManwithSupra (see edit history)

Not sure how long its been going on, the result of enquiry has not been announced.

It is always best to make sure, so give the company you bought them off a call, there should be a serial number on the expiry lable. Give them that and they will tell you if all is well.

What make are yours?

Sparco mate, bought from a long standing club member, who would have sold them to me believing them to be the genuine article. I would also hazard he would only buy from reputable sources, I've pm'd him to see if he can confirm their origin but I may well get onto Sparco with any information I can find on the belts themselves.

When I used to rally (more years ago than I care to remember) knock off/cheap replicas were about but not a prevalent as today and certainly easier to spot. Back then it was mainly Demon Tweeks for your kit. If bought from a good retailer or reputable club member here then I'd imaging you should be okay.

It's buying from the members that try do do everything on a show string budget you should be worried about dealing with IMO, all show and no go :D

An FIA approved 6 point Sparco would probably set you back £300 give or take, if in doubt it's not the end of the world if you want to replace for piece of mind :)

They were bought second hand from a very reputable club member five years ago. Which is why I'm wondering if this would've even been an issue back then.