The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Single Turbo Manifold. What have you got??

adnanshah247

Thanks Dim but rather get a branded one, it's a pita constantly changing parts and every crap part on my car has been replaced with quality, i need something strong and durable, hks etc.

Cheap parts especially on a single setup cause all sorts of drama.

Okay not a problem, I know what you mean :) Might be worth mentioning that on your post.

When I did my build, I brought a Greddy manifold because of the the fear of cheap ones cracking but saying that even branded one will crack at one point :D

To be fair the manifold crack stories I've heard have always been shortly after someone has hit or scrapped the exhaust pushing either the down pipe up or forward making pressure on the turbo and manifold, that causes pressure on the manifold causing them to crack, or u just use cheap XS power ones that crack like rice crispies when you expose them to any element including air lol

Correct :)

Personally, I would look at fitting something like an FSR Streetfighter cast manifold. It's by far the nicest cast mani I've seen for the 2JZ. Yes, you'll need to alter a few pipes to suit, and you'll need to get the car remapped, but you'll end up with a quicker spooling car and a manifold that is much tougher than any tubular. Someone in the states is running over 900 rwhp on one of these manifolds, so they're good for big power too :)

Correct :)

Personally, I would look at fitting something like an FSR Streetfighter cast manifold. It's by far the nicest cast mani I've seen for the 2JZ. Yes, you'll need to alter a few pipes to suit, and you'll need to get the car remapped, but you'll end up with a quicker spooling car and a manifold that is much tougher than any tubular. Someone in the states is running over 900 rwhp on one of these manifolds, so they're good for big power too :)

any uk suppliers you may know of buddy?

No, infact I don't think anyone in the UK is even using one of these manifolds. Your other option is Tim @TB developments, he's making a log manifold for these cars, and he's based in Wolverhampton. :)

thats the other problem, either manifolds are £100 or way over £1000, there isnt any middle ground. :(

thanks bud for all your help...

I think the TB Developments one might be just the answer then.

There is another option. You could take your xs power manifold to a fabricator and have them duplicate it with better materials. I know someone who can do this, and from the conversation I was having with him before it wouldn't be anything like £1k. But the downside is it would be quite time consuming. I've just seen him make a manifold for an old golf, and it was much better than the Chinese made thing that came off.

Treadstone offer a cast manifold - https://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=67908&cat_key=52&prodname=Supra+2JZGTE+Turbo+Manifold

Its based on an older design like the famous Arnout but works well. IIRC it needs a little work doing (enlarge wastegate, port matching) after purchasing but is another option.

They also offer a DIY option for a log mani - https://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=67956&prodname=Toyota+Supra+2JZGTE+DIY+Log+Manifold+Kit and a DIY tubular - https://www.treadstoneperformance.com/product.phtml?p=67957&prodname=Toyota+Supra+2JZGTE+DIY+Tubular+Manifold+Kit

E2A

Didn't CW mention something about offering a modified FSR Streetfighter?

• 2 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.