The mkiv Supra Owners Club

3600 Precision Industries High Stall Torque Converter

viper

3600 Precision Industries High Stall Torque Converter

In full working order, Has only even seen clean Toyota ATF Fluid.

a fantastic upgrade to replace the standard torque converter for full power launches!

I originally had this in my road car and got along with it fine on the road even with the higher stall, i have then used it this season in pro et and am now moving to a powerglide transmission and new drag car for 2016.

For those who don't know the torque converter in an automatic will simulate slip similar to a clutch in a manual system up to a stall speed, i believe the standard stall is around 1000 rpm.

The high stall allows you to build boost at the line before launching, massively improving 0-60 and quarter mile times!

A must for the 1/4 mile strip burners among us!

£400 + P+P

Dan,

This will allow you to rev the engine to 3600rpm with your foot on the brake, while in gear, to allow you to build boost before launching.

Another way of explaining is that its like the clutch slipping all the way up to 3600rpm and then locking up.

Basically this allows you to launch must must harder and much faster on boost.

I had it in a davieP box and it worked just fine.

Interested in this but not sure if too high for my big twin setup. I was advised to go 3200 on a srd built box eventually so any advice would be great. I'll be running stock auto for a while once it's running

For whats its worth, i'm running 3800 stall on my BPU TT and its fine. I know Hi Stalls get a lot of bad press on this forum but I love the way the car drives with it. As long as you get a huge oil cooler, it'll be fine.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.