The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Black Supra 98 VVTi Manual 6 Speed

Markie

Selling my Supra which I really have tried to avoid doing for a while now, but its now something that has to be done.

Here are a few bits of info about it:

Performance Upgrades:

Full De-CAT

Blitz SUS Induction Kit

TDI Carbon Cold air Box

Blitz LM Front Mounted Intercooler

NGK Iridium Plugs

AMUSE R1000 CAT Back Exhaust System

WhifBitz Front Pipe

WhifBitz 2nd CAT Bypass

Blitz SBC id Boost Controller

HKS FCD

Racelogic Traction Control with Launch Control

RPS Streetmax Clutch

B&M Short Shifter

HVS Hot Earth System

HVS Hot Wires

TDI Uprated Fuel Pump

Cusco Strut Brace

Exterior:

Tinted Windows

Do - Luck front bumper

Veilside Side Skirts

TRD Carbon Fibre Rear Wing

Volks Racing GTN 18'' Split rim Alloys

Clear front & side repeaters

Chromed Vacum Pipe Assembly

Hose Technics Kit (Blue Colour)

HID Headlight conversion

UK Brake Calipers front and rear with Genuine Toyota discs and Porterfield Pads

Interior:

Defi Link System with Boost & EGT Guages in A-Pillar

Kenwood Touch Screen 7" DVD Player with Music Keg

MISC:

Clifford G5 Cat 1 Alarm/Immobiliser with full closure, tilt sensors, turbo timer, remote start

Polished FMIC Panel

Polsihed Fuse Box Covers

Mileage: 84K

Its just had new rear suspension done. Also its just been valeted inside and out with a machine polish.

It has a fresh MOT as of the 19/10/2015

Obviously it does have some cosmetic chips and a few scratches for a car of this age. I would of liked to give it a re-spay at some point if I was keeping it, but it does shine up well.

It has had the cambelt changed about 3 years ago at I think it was 70,000 miles.

I have tons of receipts for all work carried out, even the import documents in Japanese.

I have owned for car for coming up 11 years now and really had no problems with the car itself apart from an O2 sensor which was cured when I brought a genuine part instead of trying the cheaper varieties which used to be sold off here.

You can search through the posts on here, but I think every other problem has been a third party bit of kit issue, such as the RLTC system resetting it self to a 4 cylinder config or the Clifford alarm having a loose connection.

The most I did spend on the actual car was about 2 years ago where I had Whifbitz fit discs, pads all round and one of their down pipes which cost me over a grand.

I really am going to miss the car and it still looks timeless, and when the misses drives it and I see it on the road or it pulling off I instantly think of ways a maybe could keep it, won't want to watch it drive away that's for sure.. If I had the money I would certainly keep it!

I do think it needs boot rubbers, so I will get these replaced. Everything else is all working and its currently used 5 days a week, instead of what it used to be which was 2 days a week, and them days both start with an S!!!!

I am looking for around £14,500.

Here are a few pictures:

http://1drv.ms/1P9deWj

Going to advertise this on Autotrader and Piston Heads on the weekend..

Thanks,

Marcus.

Is this overpriced?

No? Why do you think it's over priced?

You sale for what you think it's worth and someone will buy with what they think it's worth.

Just get loads and loads of high quality pictures. Engine bay interia exsteria. And be honest with any problems little or big :)

I'm it's not overpriced as there hard to find and sale.for alot more in Europe or the USA.

Glws

No :)

The advert could be better though, you want lots of nice, big, high quality pics.

The blurb is also a bit basic. You are trying to sell a car to an enthusiast, so giving a bit of a backstory, and just giving an insight into your relationship with the car will work wonders. See the advert for my Corrado: http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?327219-1995-Volkswagen-Corrado-VR6-manual-in-Blackberry-metallic

I would say price wise, you're about bang on the money.

I'd honesty say its overpriced, but going by the market and availability of TT6 Supras I'd also say not by much.

As has been mentioned, a better description including what OEM parts have been replaced, the servicing that's been carried out and what common Supra issues have been addressed(Valve stem seals, heater matrix, even stuff like boot rubbers and coil pack clips).

I'd also delete the "wet pictures" as they make the car look awful and don't show it in a good light.

GLWTS

Edit: If you didn't add the grounding kit yourself I'd be tempted to remove it, as it clutters up what looks like a clean engine otherwise.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.