The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Balloon White Supra in the makings :D

nihontoman

So, as you already may or (more likely) may not know, I had a white supra RZ imported from Japan about 5 months ago. It needed some cosmetic work - spoilers cracked here and there, some surface rust, arches need cutting, wheels corroded and discolored and so on... Now that I've found the time, I decided to make it look a bit nicer :)

it looked something like this:

These pics were taken after the first and the last wash it got since arriving to Georgia from Japan :D

here's how it looks now:

Had some ideas on swapping the front bumper for a stock one, but I've forsaken that thought as soon as I tried to lift this Bomex "masterpiece" with my hands - it is barely 3-4 kg. It feels very light and I highly doubt the stock bumper would be as light, besides - it doesn't really look that terrible and stock front bumper wouldn't quite look right with that giant Veilside wing which I LOVE because it is so ridiculous, especially that little antenna hole :D

Anyways, the car will get a full respray in Lamborghini Balloon white; The headlights will be polished and clear coated (by me); The wheels disassembled - lips polished (by me) and the middle sections repainted in a good healthy gold shade (not by me :p ).

I'm also waiting for new Tein Flex Z coilovers, as the HKS hipermax D coilovers had gone really bad. Three out of four have completely leaked, basically leaving me with 320WHP cart :D

will update the thread with progress pics...

Edited by nihontoman (see edit history)