The mkiv Supra Owners Club

65k miles UK TT spotted for sale...

Kendo11

Why would you pass on a fresh uk spec, in favour of a fresh j-spec. Collectibility will favour these so called salt ships in the years to come.

J-spec generally are in better shape underneath than uk cars that have been used all year round, but a lot of owners garage their cars and don't use them in the winter. I like the fact that you can trace the history and service history on the UK's, whereas I'm sure a fair few imported cars have been in a bump or two before being repaired for export.

I've seen Marcus GTE's UK spec up on stands and it puts most imports to shame, fresh or otherwise.

I obviously have a J-spec, but would buy a UK spec if I had the space.

Lovely looking car, and I'm sure it will fetch a good price.

We're not comparing like for like, I'm saying you could buy a facelift 6 speed TT fresh import for this money, with similar or lower mileage.

If it was auto vs auto fair enough, but I don't value UK autos higher, are even at a similar level to j spec 6 speeds (mileage and condition being equal of course.)

If it were a UK manual with this mileage, I would value it similar to a vvti 6 speed, maybe even a fraction higher.