The mkiv Supra Owners Club

What happens to a W58 with 500lbft put through it..

rob_sri

so first of all.. it came back from mapping with slight issues after a long time on the dyno so I think that MAY well have something to do with it :rolleyes:

but yeah.. this hahaa

https://vimeo.com/141857693

an answer machine message I got earlier..

[video=youtube;-4FYYwy0_b4]

by the way.. agency transmissions.. top bloke! VERY knowledgeable and straight talking.. been doing it for 40 years or something daft would certainly recommend

think I will get it rebuilt tbh for £350 not a bad quote

Edited by rob_sri (see edit history)

£350 sounds cheap! The 2nd gear synchro in my W58 is worn, and I'm looking at getting it replaced: £500+VAT ish just for labour. Parts are on top of that.

Yeah they are cheap.. They've rebuilt the box that I have in now which seems to be taking the abuse well and countless other boxes for me in the past would definitely recommend them

What's to stop this happening again though? Surely ot would be better to put that £350 towards an R154?

I think tbf mate I'm going to live with my rebuilt one I have at the moment and then get this one rebuilt as a spare whilst I hunt for a 6 speed.. Think it's the only way really to reliably hold good power in a way that doesn't ruin drivability etc