The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Syvecs Cal Switches - What do you have?

Scott

Looking for ideas on the settings to have on my cal switches on the Syvecs. I'd ideally like the mapping to be done once, so I'd like to specify what I want for each switch position. I'm not 100% sure how it all works though so thought I would ask what you guys have.

I'd like Launch control setup, various Traction control, Anti-Lag, pops & bangs, an MOT/Valet map and various boost settings. Is there anything that I'm missing?

I have 2 8 position rotary switches that are wired in and calibrated. One for the Traction control and one for the boost/map settings.

Cal Switch 1 (Boost).

1. Wastegate Pressure

2. Somewhere in between

3. Max Boost

4. Max boost Anti Lag

5. Pops & Bangs Map

6. No Boost/Lean Motorway map.

7. No Boost, MOT Map (Lean as hell) with 3k RPM limit/Valet Mode

8. Anti Theft

Cal Switch 2 (Traction)

1. TC 0% Slip

2. TC 15% Slip

3. TC 25% Slip

4. TC 50% Slip

5. TC Off

8. Launch Control

Is the above correct or is there something else I'm missing?

Edited by Scott (see edit history)

I have no TC, but I do have another switch for boost settings.

I've found I haven't once used the middle boost settings, just a 1.0 bar (low) setting for when my Dad drove it for the first time, and a 1.7bar(max boost) setting.

I'd only bother with one launch map, to give max traction and boost off the line.

From my experience, and what I'll be changing to, the below I believe are more useful;

-Anti Theft

-Lean map for cruising(Doubles up as MoT map but no rev limit for normal off boost motorway type driving)

-Valet Mode 4k rpm limit

Obviously up to you, but I have found the above more useful.

Thanks for the replies guys, loving the anti theft mode :)

Seems a good selection. (your missing the insanity switch) interested in your no boost lean as hell mot map?? does this go through any mot station?

Insanity switch? No idea if it will go through, it'll be as good as it'll get though.

Is this a VW map? :)

Indeed :)

From memory, I had

1. 1.4bar, 99 map

2. Wastegate, 99 map

3. 1.2bar, 95 map

4. Wastegate. 95 map

5. Anti-theft (no fuel map at all)

6. Valet mode 3k limit

7. Unused

8. Unused

TC was

1. 0% slip

2. 15% slip

3. 25% slip

4. 50% slip

5. Off

6. Unused

7. Unused

8. Unused

Ryan spent time with me on the motorway to lean out the map in the right parts so I'd not need a map dedicated to cruising.

• 2 weeks later...

Following on from this.... no point in starting a new thread..... what are the main safety mechanisms that are in place? Again, I'm just being OCD but I want to have a list of what I want done with the mapper.

I'm thinking of the following....

Oil Pressure - Minimum setting or else safe mode

Oil Temperature - Minimum setting or else safe mode

Fuel Pressure - Minimum setting or else safe mode

AFR - Is this automatic? Obviously I don't EVER want the car running lean. The car will be mapped, but what if an injector becomes faulty and the car runs lean?

I don't have the EGT hooked into the ECU but I do have a gauge to monitor.

Any insight as to the safety precautions etc available with the ECU? What else could I have to look after the car? How do they work with the various boost settings, etc.... do they just overrule everything?

Wire in an EGT probe from cylinder 6 to Syvecs, as close to the head as you can get.

Syvecs also requires a high quality AFR wideband probe in the downpipe.

The trips do different things, they have different strategies.

Oil and Fuel pressure will stop the engine if pressure drops below a preset threshold.

Oil temperature will limit revs until 70 degrees and the car is up to temperature

EGT will monitor the temperatures and either back off boost/ignition/revs to try and get it back under control

etc...

I already have an EGT probe in runner 6 for my gauge. I've got the lab grade wideband that Ryan recommended wired into the ECU too.

I've got a second AFR gauge too so I'll be able to keep an eye on an injector failure or whatever myself. The rest sounds ideal :)

I already have an EGT probe in runner 6 for my gauge. I've got the lab grade wideband that Ryan recommended wired into the ECU too.

I've got a second AFR gauge too so I'll be able to keep an eye on an injector failure or whatever myself. The rest sounds ideal :)

You'll never react quick enough for injector failure. You might well have melted a piston by the time you notice, as the most damage will be done when you're focused solely on the road ahead.

How is injector failure noticed by the ECU though? This is what I was wondering as I've not read of anyone mentioning that as a safety catch with the syvecs. This is what I was wondering with the AFR readings, if it goes lean does the engine go into safe mode?