The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Wheel and tyre help!

Milo500

Hi ;)

I currently have volk c-ultra 17" wheels on my mk4 with 265/40 back and 235/45 front tyres on there at the moment.

The problem is, i have bought some new volk sf-challenges in 19" 9.5 back and 8.5 front with both et+38 ...but i have no idea about getting the right size tyres for the 19's...what would be a good tyre size for the new wheels? The supra is on the standard bilstein springs at the moment, but will be changed to coilovers eventually and be a bit lower. The old volks fitted the arches with room to spare, but were fairly close to the arch width ways when going over big bumps on the road. It currently has spacers on the old wheels but will be removed when the 19's go on.

I don't really want much/any stretch or camber as cops are teally hammering down on it in my area, so what would you guys suggest?

Cheers ;)

Edited by listy
Sales pitch (see edit history)

These are the stock wheel and tyre sizes

17x8JJ +50, 235/45R17

17x9.5JJ +50, 255/45R17

Ideally you want to stay close to the stock tyre diameters, the easiest way to work this out is to use an online tyre calculator, put in the stock sizes and then compare different tyre sizes http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyresize.html

This is a good guide to wheel and tyre widths http://www.brick-yard.co.uk/forum/tyre-size-for-rim-width_topic60146.html

If you want to keep the stock tyre widths then these would be the closest sizes

235/35R19

255/35R19

If you want to go slightly wider then

245/35R19

265/35R19

Your new wheel sizes and offsets should fit within the stock wheel arches with 5-10mm to spare.