The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1995 Volkswagen Corrado VR6 manual in Blackberry metallic

j_jza80

1995 Volkswagen Corrado VR6 manual in Blackberry metallic.

Due to losing the garage space, I am reluctantly selling my beautiful Corrado VR6.

She is a 1995 car with just over 102k miles, and is finished in THE best colour and trim spec available for these cars. Blackberry metallic with the ultra rare and desirable black leather electric Recaro interior.

This is my 3rd Corrado, having previously owned a 2.0 16v and a midnight blue VR6. I have always hankered for a Blackberry metallic car, and started looking for one about 3 years ago. I was initially looking for an immaculate low miles car, but due to the rarity of Corrados in this colour, months of searching was proving fruitless. Eventually, this car came up for sale, and although low mileage, she was not perfect.

So after a few weeks of driving and enjoying it, I took it to my local paintshop for a good check over, and decide what needed attention. Against the advice of the painter, I decided to treat the car to a full exterior respray, in order to get the best and most consistent finish. As a result, the exterior is extremely straight, and the colour is very bright.

She has also just been professionally undersealed. only three minor spots of corrosion were found, which were correctly stripped back, treated and sealed. The undersealer commented on how clean she is for a 20 year old car.

The car came with the basic black cloth interior, which while in very good condition, just wasn't special enough. I managed to buy a donor car with the cars current Black leather Recaro interior, and spent 3 weeks swapping it all over, cleaning and wiring in the seats. As such, the interior is in very good condition, with only the slightest amount of wear to the drivers outer bolster.

In addition to the above, I have spent a lot of time tinkering with the car, and as a result everything works perfectly. A fully working Corrado is a rare thing, but on my example the sunroof, spoiler, ABS, seat movement and heaters, stereo, lights etc all work perfectly. With the exception of the rare and troublesome aircon, this Corrado is the highest factory spec available.

Mechanically, the car is in great order. She fires up promptly, holds idle perfectly, and makes no chain tensioner noise at all. As with all VR6 engines, she makes a little hydraulic tappet noise, but is better than most. She pulls like a train, doesn't smoke, and returns decent fuel economy (for a VR6!)

The stock electric fan shroud was in poor condition, so I replaced the stock fan with a pair of new, more efficient electric fans in an alloy frame.

As with most Corrados, she does have a few modifications:

- Milltek exhaust system

- 6 branch exhaust manifold , wrapped

- aftermarket suspension

- wheel spacers on the rear

The exhaust sounds amazing. I have owned over 30 cars in my time, and this Corrado is right up there with the nicest esounding. It isn't particularly loud, and doesn't drone on the motorway. But the 6 branch manifold really lets the VR6 sing, and I would consider it a must on these cars.

I am also including the stock suspension with the sale.

She comes with a large folder full of service history, including many receipts for bits I have bought for the car. I changed the oil as soon as I bought the car, and it was changed again with the MOT last October. She will receive a fresh MOT and an oil change for the new owner.

I am absolutely gutted to have to sell my Corrado, as it has been a dream car of mine for years. But due to losing my storage space, one of my cars has to go, and selling the Supra just isn't an option. :D

I am located in York, and am am pretty flexible time wise for viewings. Test drives will only be permitted with proof of insurance, though I will gladly take you down some of my favorite local roads.

I'm looking for £7950, serious offers will be considered.

Please, no traders and no silly offers. This has been a labour of love, and I want to see her go to a true enthusiast. Corrado prices are on the rise, and they are generally acknowledged to be a sure thing as an investment by the motoring press.

Thanks, Jason.

And now for the good stuff. :eyebrows:

Also, it is a surprisingly practical car. The boot is very large for a coupe, and when the rear seats are folded and the parcel shelf removed it is gargantuan! There is room in the back for two adults too, though obviously it is a little cosy. It will also return around 38mpg on the motorway if driven carefully, which is great for a 2.9.

Wheeler Dealers have got their hands on a VR6 on Discovery at 9pm tonight.

And bump.:) Cracking example glwts.

Cheers :)

As you can see, you buy a cheap one and you get these expensive problems. I've gone over everything, and what didn't work has been sorted. The sunroof in particular is a horrible job, must have spent 20 hours plus trying to sort that! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

As you can see, you buy a cheap one and you get these expensive problems. I've gone over everything, and what didn't work has been sorted. The sunroof in particular is a horrible job, must have spent 20 hours plus trying to sort that! :eek:

- - - Updated - - -

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.