The mkiv Supra Owners Club

South Wales members - Spare 18" Wheel or set of standard wheels?

welshboy

Hiya Guys,

I know this is a long shot but you never know until you ask!

Just taken my car to the garage to get a slow puncture repaired, only to be told it's actually due to a small hairline crack in the wheel. They have given me details for where I can get it welded, if I decide to go for that option rather than getting a new set, which is what I was planning on buying soon anyway. The thing is, I'm meant to be driving up to Snowdonia tomorrow for a weekend away and the Supra is my only car!

Was just wondering if anyone local-ish to Cardiff happens to have an old spare 18" wheel I could possibly borrow for the weekend please? It's an NA if that makes much difference.

Failing that, even though I can probably guess the answer, is it a bad idea to continue to drive on it? I'm guessing that distance to too far to go on a space saver and it doesn't look like I'll be able to get it welded in time.

Many thanks

Gareth

PM Dr_Jeckyll. He usually has a few sets of wheels lying around.

I sent him a message and he did indeed offer me the use of a spare! Top lad! I managed to borrow a friends car in the end, so set off earlier in the day. Still though, another example of how good this club and its members are. Thanks again Craig :thumbs: