The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Top quality precision fuel cut defenders (FCD's)

Chris Wilson

Fuel Cut Defenders

Since Greddy and TRL stopped doing their very nice and reliable fuel cut defenders I have been wondering about building a sensibly priced alternative. The great thing with the Greddy is it did not clamp the MAP sensor voltage until the pre-set threshold was reached. The HKS one was not so nice and skewed the output from the MAP sensor, thereby also skewing the fuel curve.

I have now tooled up to produce my own FCD that leaves the MAP sensor output *totally* unaltered until the voltage clamp threshold is reached, just like the Greddy ones did, when they were still available, but using more modern, closer tolerance components and a slight circuit improvement. It also uses the same colour wires as the Greddy, meaning the excellent on line pictorial fitment instructions at http://mkiv.com/techarticles/bcc/bcc_install/bcc.htm can be used to aid fitting, which is very easy. They come with an earth eyelet ready soldered on, meaning only three other wires to connect. Use the central stud or the main ecu to floor pan for th earth terminal, under the 10mm socket size nut.

They come pre set on lab standard equipment,to suit either VVTi or earlier TT models. If you have a VVTi or 1JZ-GTE let me know when ordering. I have 6 ready to ship, the last batch sold out very quickly. They can be programmed for other MAP sensor turbo engines like Mitsubishis, RX7's, Skylines, MR2 turbos, blah blah. If you can mention them on other forums where you may be a member I will be very grateful!

Price is £55 plus VAT (£66) with £5.80 plus VAT (£6.96) insured P&P to any UK post code. That's £72.96 grand total. Please ask for a delivery price to other places. Thanks.

- - - Updated - - -

I can supply wiring schematic for the VVTi if required. Just different ecu pins used.

Hi, been mega busy, only just seen these replies.

Yes, it will work on almost any MAP sensor turbo engine, and I have sold several to 1JZ-GTE owners. I can preset one to just wire up and use. Same price.

Payment options: Bank transfer, cheque, Paypal gift, or normal Paypal plus 4% of the grand total to cover their fees.

I can send an FCD with a note saying what colour wire on mine, which uses the Greddy colour codes, will swap with the HKS colour codes. Red and black stay the same, you only need to match 2 other wires.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.