The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Opinions on this?

krisgowing

There are plenty of scams going that look like this. They use a legit looking advert, with a price that is too good to be true. They then make some excuse like they are out of the country etc, but if you pay by paypal they will have the car delivered to you. It is probably the most common type of car scam these days.

It's a scam, I got caught out with the same thing!

When I was selling my last black supra I got an email saying there saw my supra on piston heads and wanted to come view and purchase the car. I replied to the email to try and arrange with them for a viewing. They replied back with a link saying can you confirm this is your car.

I clicked the link and it asked me to sign in so stuidly I did!!! What a mug I was!

All that done was send the scammers my login details! They logged in and changed the price from £9,995.00 to £3,000.

As they forgot to delete my number from the listing when they where editing the listing to insert there email of contact I got a phone call asking if the price was correct from some guy that was interested in it. I asked him what was the price he saw and he said its up for £3,000! I said no that's not mine! So he started to describe my car so I took a look and seen it had in fact been edited!

I'm not sure how the scam works from there. :/