The mkiv Supra Owners Club

my DIY Na-t w58 : 7psi- 344bhp &298 ibft

goldenvtr

finished my basic na-t setup about 3 month ago now, just got round to putting it on the dyno at a local VW meet lol

bacis spec ( all work done by myself )

holset hx35

xspower manifold with additional bracing

50mm external waste gate plumbed back into 3" exhaust from turbo back

tt ecu swap with cosworth Iat sensor, tt map sensor and vvt coils 4wire 02 sensor

stock clutch (presumed as it now slipping at anything above 9psi)

rx8 430cc injectors

ls400 4pots

aem wideband oil pressure, oil temp, water temp.

and all the fiddly oil lines connectors and brackets ect that go with a basic turbo conversion.

this is now the 6 cars ive owned that started life and a non turbo, aparrt from my other 2 (see signature) that im always messing about with.

anyway

dropped the boost to 6psi to prevent clutch slip at it made 335bhp and 286 ibft.

for the 2nd run i turned the boost up a little to 7psi (was hoping it was at 8psi as i normallu run 9/10 had to guess the gain on my boost controller and only make 7 :(

anyway 7psi= 344bhp @ 6368rpm and 298 ibft @ 5679rpm

with what i consider a pretty nice under the peak curve.

happy with this for now as i've got 1.8mm tomie headgasket and some arp headstuds to fit, oncee i decide weather the keep the w58 or get r154.

some photos of my build so far:

how it started:

and now

heres a 0-60 with slipping clutch between gear changes... more ovbias with 2nd to 3rd :(

Edited by goldenvtr
title adjust (see edit history)

Sweet! Just finished mine. Looking forward to see what it puts out when I finally get it mapped!

cheers dude, what turbo and ecu you using?

i highly recomend tt ecu swap, all ive done it plug it in and its bang on... 10.8afr till redline so ive still got room to play and no detanation atall at stock 10deg base timing.

ive got an emanage ultimate to go along with the next step but its running great

pm me if you want any help with the conversion.... ive actually got a spare set of vvti coils and partial loom im going to be selling.

cheers dude, what turbo and ecu you using?

i highly recomend tt ecu swap, all ive done it plug it in and its bang on... 10.8afr till redline so ive still got room to play and no detanation atall at stock 10deg base timing.

ive got an emanage ultimate to go along with the next step but its running great

pm me if you want any help with the conversion.... ive actually got a spare set of vvti coils and partial loom im going to be selling.

I'm gonna be running the GReddy emanage blue once i get a cable to tune it. mines non vvti so id need to delete distributor too. might consider it in the future but for now i need to get it on the road.

Hate to say it mate but that might not be your actual power out put, torque vs bhp are ment to cross at 5252 for the mathematical equation for bhp to work correctly.

But the end result is not about the numbers its about how the car drives and im 100% sure anyone would be happy with it

i did wonder about that actually. we did have to sit on the boot car as the first 2 runs it spun the wheels aswell

most the other cars where around ther expected power and it was only a basic dyno not a dynopack or dyno dynamics type if thats makes a diffrence..

i suspect its about right as its enough to see off a e46 m3 quite easily and pulled from 4th gear away from an f-type jag (340bhp model)- that was an exhilarating race as it was from a stand still out of the toll :D

it will do as a guide anyway as ive got plenty more to do, and puts a smile on my face as a daily driver :)

Edited by goldenvtr (see edit history)

Hate to say it mate but that might not be your actual power out put, torque vs bhp are ment to cross at 5252 for the mathematical equation for bhp to work correctly.

But the end result is not about the numbers its about how the car drives and im 100% sure anyone would be happy with it

just found the reason behind this.... refering to my printout bhp is on the left torque on the right rpm on tge bottom. the scale is different on the 2 side axis,but if you drop the scales inline with each other bingo 5252 crossover:)

just found the reason behind this.... refering to my printout bhp is on the left torque on the right rpm on tge bottom. the scale is different on the 2 side axis,but if you drop the scales inline with each other bingo 5252 crossover:)

But regardless of what side is what they are ment to cross at 5252 bhp or torque , bhp right or torque they should cross at 5252 if you know what I mean.

Like I said it dont matter about power its how it goes up the road!

But regardless of what side is what they are ment to cross at 5252 bhp or torque , bhp right or torque they should cross at 5252 if you know what I mean.

Like I said it dont matter about power its how it goes up the road!

yea it because the torque and bhp are to different graphs then overlaid so they dont have the same scale when on top of each other if you see what i mean?... on the forum all the graphs from today are the same, they just have it setup as 2 seperate graphs for torque and bhp merged rather than 1 with the same scale so looks odd

anyway no bother its all good fun :D

edit for round 2:

So to follow on from my old thread:http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?327097-my-DIY-Na-t-w58-7psi-344bhp-amp-298-ibft

ive just got back from dynodaze with a fairly good result

basic spec is now:

2jz na-t with tt cam covers

w58

hx35 7blade 12cm

arp headstuds and 1.8mm tomie head gasket (0.2mm skimmed off head)

vvti coils

sard analyse ecu with safc2 (road tuned by myself)

tomie fuel pressure regulator

440cc rx8 injectors at 4.1bar (should be good for about 470bhp)

blitz boost controller

50mm waste gate recirculated

3" turbo back exhuast

1.2bar made: 438bhp and 388ibft but with a misfire - they suggested spark blowout, see graph

1bar made 405bhp and 361ibft with no missfire and smooth curve

"

next step is spark amplifier and smaller plug gap, 4" exhaust just for the sound as its quite tame at the moment then prob 2018 look at a gearbox swap and max the turbo out :D as im spending money on trackdays in my mx5 next year and this is quick enough for now

Edited by goldenvtr (see edit history)