The mkiv Supra Owners Club

New Buyer Wanting Some Advice...

Guest Toon Supra

Guest Toon Supra

Hi Guys,

Just found this forum in a net search, looks a great forum and well presented. I've already had a quick look around and quick read up in a number of sections.

Well the time has come for me to finally realise my dream and actually be in a position to do something about it and buy a Supra. I'm hoping to have one in time for the summer if everything goes well. I'm currenty driving a Cougar (my first car) and feel the need for MORE power now!

What I would like to know are owners buying advice on what model to buy/price I should be paying/common problems to look out for/how thirtsy/servicing frequency + costs etc... I'm pretty much set on a fully kitted Veilside model-Something similar to this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=4525073392&ssPageName=STRK:MEWA:IT

Actually that car would be great! Only on 17"s but I could deal with that! Also it aint a TT but I'm not that concerned about a TT (Is this wise?!). Whats the power/spec/price diff between a standard 3.0l and the TT? That car above is actually one I may well be going to check out.

This Q has probably been asked a million times by potential buyers so if it has just point me in the direction of a thread covering what I would like to know or kindly answer me!

Cheers

Marc

Guest Toon Supra
Get a TT im 25 and managed to get insurance at 1.5k fully comp protected with norwich union

What price on average should I be looking to pay for a decent TT Veilside?

I'm 25 June 14th and was thinking to buy with that in mind....

that will help you, especially as far as mods eg Veilside kits etc go.(I can recommend A-plan for no nonsense quotes for the over twenty fives.)

as for getting a Veilside TT, well you will obviously be limiting your choice of cars if you buy one already kitted (especially if you are colour concious too!). It may be feasible to add the kit to a stock'ish car, but this may possibly work out too expensive?

you are probably looking at £10k +/- £1-2K for a good kitted car i'd say.

I think Dude has a Facelift Veilside in the cars for sale section which will give you some idea......

Hi Marc

You should try giving Jurgen a call, he would probably be able to get you a vielside kitted car easily enough. Just do a search :upside:

He is based in Blyth by the way, as am I, its good to see another potential owner in the Newcastle area.

Go TT, you know it makes sense, i got insured on mine for just over 800 quid and i was 26 :tongue:

Guest Toon Supra
Hi Marc

You should try giving Jurgen a call, he would probably be able to get you a vielside kitted car easily enough. Just do a search :upside:

He is based in Blyth by the way, as am I, its good to see another potential owner in the Newcastle area.

Go TT, you know it makes sense, i got insured on mine for just over 800 quid and i was 26 :tongue:

Hi Stu,

I'm up in Blyth too mate! Just near Asda on the new estate, I've seen a black Supra around twice lately. Once near the that sunbed shop in the town centre where Carnoisser used to be and I'm sure it was yesterday near the Asda roundabout-Must of been you?!?!

I've seen 3 up in Blyth actually theres a nice kitted white one around not so often and a friend of mine told me about a lad named Mark/Junior with a lovely dark blue TT that wrote his off recently.

Excuse my potential stupidity but who's Jurgen and wheres his contact details please :confused: ?

hello am jurgen, the white one you saw was probably mine as was the silver one they are both sold now, junior did write his car off but he is expecting a new arriving in march from japan which i have imported for him. At the moment i have 2 supras one has a deposit taken on.

if u do a search on the forum and type my name up u will get info about me, cut the story short i import cars and sell them, i also let buyers pick their cars from japan and i do the whole import process till the car comes to their door.

i believe i have a good reputation on here for bringing and selling to members on here excellent quality cars.

this is my web age its not the best and needs updating http://www.jm-imports.co.uk

Thats a nice looking car that, shame its gonna be broken.

Definitely looks as though it has skirts as well Jurgen, you can see the light reflecting of them near the rear wheel on the pic from the front :thumbs:

a think he may use front end parts to rebuild his, and then catologue all the parts he took off to build it back up, sounds like hard work to me.

if u want i can import u a bodykit of your choice from japan at purchase costs and u owe me a few beers

a think he may use front end parts to rebuild his, and then catologue all the parts he took off to build it back up, sounds like hard work to me.

if u want i can import u a bodykit of your choice from japan at purchase costs and u owe me a few beers

Does sound like hard work, but he may be able to make back some of his money i suppose.

PM sent Jurgen

Guest Toon Supra
Yeah thats Jurgen :tongue: :tongue:

It was probably me that you seen Marc, i just live on the new estate next to Asda.

Your Couger hasnt got a big wing on the back has it???

Jurgen, is there any news on the skirts and spats on the car that your importing for Junior? :)

Yep that'll be me with the largest spoiler in Blyth! Its also only got 1st gear at the mo as my short shifter snapped on me yesterday, hopefully picking it up in a few hours... All these people from Newcastle/Blyth is a shock for me to take in! The Cougar Forum has one lad from Ponteland and thats it :)

Thanks for the info Jurgen I should be in touch soon with what exactly I'm looking for and hopefully we can work something out :thumbs: Does it vary at how long shipping takes or do you usually have a set time scale for cars arriving?