The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Here's another daft question about tyres!!

Supra Kong

Hola

Just bought myself some nice new Rota Drifts and i want to run some 295's on the back, question is: I believe the 295 30 18 are the preferred option with a slight arch roll, but would 295 35 18 fit also? Would these require a heavier roll?

Anybody have any experience?

As i am going to run the car on track, i wouldnt really want any arch rubbing!

Secondly, if i run 295's on the back, could i still run 235's on the front? Or should i go up to 245's or even 255's?

Cheers dude's!!

285 is the optimum width tyre for a 10.5j rim IMO, 295 would bulge out a bit, but some people like that look.

245 on the 9j.

Bulging is ok! My biggest concern would be how much i would have to roll the arches by on 295 35's

- - - Updated - - -

Off topic! I'm running 295 rear and 265 front 18" with bc coilovers, but find the ride really bumpy, can really feel everything! Is this normal for having such size alloys and tyres??

Get the suspension set up?

Got my bc racing coilovers to the softest settings already, a lot better! But still finds it really bumpy going on uneven roads, got a 03 E class mercedes on 18"s but not as wide tyres but seems fine, therefore just wondering whether it's the width of tyres and being such a low car compare to my merc!?