The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Positive Attention

Pilchard

Ive owned my Supra nearly a year now and its been great. Had it on the road since March with it all working and with the looks Ive wanted. I still cant believe the attention it gets at shows/petrol stations/general driving. Can't really go anywhere without someone commenting 'nice car' or asking about the power/mods its had done on it. It's always a conversation starter between friends and sometimes I can't believe I own one at such a young age.

Never owned a car which gets general thumbs up from all generations. Its a pleasure to drive and doesn't really fit in with the chav car scene which is popular where I live even though the car is kinda anti-social with the Nur Spec R ive recently had fitted.

Just wondered if anyone had any stories to share with peoples reactions?

It is a good feeling having people take pics of your car or give it endless praise. Been quite fortunate as most of my cars people have liked talking about. mk1 Mazda MX5s in Racing Green are old man pulling machines :/

Alfas on the other hand "Nice car mate.... Does it break down often?" - "Cor that's gorgeous... Wouldn't want one though"

Mine does get some nice compliments, but Supras also attract a lot of negative attention I've found.

The best car I've had for positive attention was my mk1 Golf GTi. Every time I took that out I got loads of comments or appreciative nods,and women loved it :D

My Corrado gets a lot of looks, and like the mx5 example the old men love it :D

Yeah, always comments and thumbs up from the kids in the area (sometimes likened to the Batmobile too, which is at least one benefit of a Veilside front bumper!)

Car guys will usually catch me at the petrol station, always the same questions too, is it a turbo, how many horses etc.

People calling them Celica's or Subaru's upsets me.

On the motorway at the weekend, I had an Audi A6 TDi keep trying to race, and an unbadged 59 plate BMW 3 series saloon trying it too. Despite leaving them for dust, they kept coming back for more, playing leap frog, jumping in infront of me and braking etc. All I wanted to do was stick to 70ish and trundle to my destination! (For a change...)

It is nice when an old dude in a petrol station compliments it though!

Bmw and Audi drives tend to drive like that Ben and hog the 3rd lane :(

Some young lads called mine a Subaru too :(

A few months ago a lad at the petty station initiated a convo in the queue, I think he just wanted to tell me his EP3 was turbo with 400 bhp though lol

Yes indeedy.

You can almost guarantee the young lads that stop you to chat had a mate who's brother had one but he smashed it up because it was 800bhp too...

Best moment, go to see an old car forum friend. He wanted to see the Supra a few weeks after I got it. After a while we leave and end up either side at this junction going onto a roundabout.

I look over, and see him grinning "Thought you could leave without saying goodbye?" and starting singing Whiz Khalifa's See you again...

I laughed then cried lols

I find it in the sea of modern boring cars, it stands out quite a bit and design has not aged at all. It's at shows mostly where Im surrounded by much more exotic cars yet theres always crowds around the car and young/old people alike mentioning fast and furious or how they remember going in one in the 90's.

I had an ASBO orange ST before and the negative attention I got in that was unreal, people not letting you out, swearing at you if gave it some, chav comments etc. but in the Supra its all positive, not had anything bad said about the car and it draws interest even by non car people. I have had the 'is it a Subaru?' comment before but let them off as its debadged and theres hardly any Supras around where I live.

Its going to be sorned soon but I look forward to show season next year for another 6 months of fun!