The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Pair New Toyo Proxes T1-S 285/40 ZR 18

David P

Pair of new Toyo Proxes 285/40 ZR 18. £100 collected from Rushden or Santa Pod, or +£20 P&P U.K. Or swap for an old mobility scooter?

My rear arches have been trimmed to the centre of spot welds (Same space as rolled) and I run this size at the rear on TTE 10J ET45mm wheels, the 40 side wall gives a stock-comfort ride and better traction than 35 profile tyres.

With an N/A 4.083:1 diff, these tyres give near as dammit stock T.T. auto gearing, (3.769:1) perfect ratio for N/A-T or in my case, Supercharged GE.

These recently turned up at a price that my impulse could not resist, yet the Supra is sorn at the mo and I'm having difficulty getting about, so just looking to get my money back that will be better used buying an old mobility scooter to make sure that I can still get up the hill to the Pub. :)

I have added a pic of mine wearing 285 40's, however, these are Pirelli Sottozero winter tyres that have a much squarer shoulder, the Toyo's would have +5mm? clearance more.

In the pic the rear is on the lowest setting on Chris Wilson suspension, whatever that is?

At stock height, the Toyo tyres on these size & offset wheels should just clear a stock arch lip?

attachment.php?attachmentid=205240&d=1443092976

attachment.php?attachmentid=205241&d=1443092976

attachment.php?attachmentid=181551&d=1393600817

This could be perfect timing as I have a feeling I will need these for my MOT in a weeks time! Will be going from a 285 35 18 to a 285 40 18 will it make much difference? I will take them posted please!

How much information must be posted. :looney:

Try Homers thread. http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?225050-Supra-specific-gear-diff-ratio-and-tyre-size-calculator

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.