The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Tyre widths on stock arches

Paul372

You can get away with 275's depending on the offset of your wheels. I just fitted 295s onto my car. I had a 10mm spacer on my rears but I'm going to have to remove them as the tyres are a bit close now.

Additionally, brand makes a massive difference to the actual outer width of the tyre. My 265s were ridiculously stretched whereas 265s are normally ideal on 10" rims.

I have rota gtr ds on the rear 18x10 but the 265 tyres are stretched, I was wondering what I could get away with, without rolling the arches or if I was to roll the arches what's the widest tyre I can fit on my rims, just looking at my options before I commit to buy new rear tyres

I have rota gtr ds on the rear 18x10 but the 265 tyres are stretched, I was wondering what I could get away with, without rolling the arches or if I was to roll the arches what's the widest tyre I can fit on my rims, just looking at my options before I commit to buy new rear tyres

They aren't Falken are they? Something like Michelin or Pirelli will fit a 10" rim perfectly at 265. The one thing you don't want to do is assume that what you have is generally what 265s look like, then go for 275s and find they are MUCH wider than your current tyres.

I'd suggest browsing around ebay for a set of premium brand part worns and having a punt on them, if you have falkens that is :)

They aren't Falken are they? Something like Michelin or Pirelli will fit a 10" rim perfectly at 265. The one thing you don't want to do is assume that what you have is generally what 265s look like, then go for 275s and find they are MUCH wider than your current tyres.

I'd suggest browsing around ebay for a set of premium brand part worns and having a punt on them, if you have falkens that is :)

Yeah I currently have 265 falkens but they are stretched, so I'm thinking of going with 275 Goodyear f1

Yeah I currently have 265 falkens but they are stretched, so I'm thinking of going with 275 Goodyear f1

I'm not sure you are following what I'm saying. Falken are ridiculously thin. If you bought 265 goodyears they would be MUCH wider than your current 265 falkens. As I stated previously, I had the falkens and they are notoriosly thin. I ended up going with 295s and you would think I had doubled the width :D

I'm not sure you are following what I'm saying. Falken are ridiculously thin. If you bought 265 goodyears they would be MUCH wider than your current 265 falkens. As I stated previously, I had the falkens and they are notoriosly thin. I ended up going with 295s and you would think I had doubled the width :D

I get where your coming from, I know that Goodyear f1 265 will look wider than the falkens has they have the rim protector, I notice this from when I changed the fronts, cheers Scott