The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Interiors and faces

Guest Joker

Hi Guys and girls

Ok so really what i want to know is what are people doing in the interiors.

Lovely that it is, im sure some people have made it less black expanse and more delectable destination. Can I see?

I have a couple of gauges that dont work (cheap ones) so looking forward what gauges are people

advocating as good quality without getting into silly money.

all have to match. oil, water, boost, temp. for starters.

as a my starting point for uplifiting my interior to the more modern age.

thanks people

Ive tried to keep mine with the OEM theme but with modern touches.

It came full pre-facelft oem with cloth seats.

I have done the following

-Facelift Black carpet and tailor made black mats

-OEM Leather front seats

-Italian Black leather gear gaitor

-Italian Black leather handbrake gaitor

-Italian Black leather with red stitch arm rests

-Italian Black leather with red stitch centre console

-OEM re-trimmed facelift steering wheel in Black leather, with perforated hand grips

-All green lights converted to white LED's

-Double din Pioneer Head unit

-Do-luck tensioner cage

-Custom Sub box

-Brand new OEM buttons for AC unit

-Stainless Dial surrounds

-All dash pannels re painted in matt black

Think thats about it. Few odd pictures, cant find a decent one showing it all.

attachment.php?attachmentid=204024&stc=1&d=1439385044

attachment.php?attachmentid=204023&stc=1&d=1439385044

attachment.php?attachmentid=199155&stc=1&d=1427115406

attachment.php?attachmentid=197338&stc=1&d=1424019950

attachment.php?attachmentid=197336&stc=1&d=1424019950

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

pics look great!

happily i am thinking a combination of you two.

leather the bits that I can (have the leather elec seats anyway.) so black with colourcoded stitching

and colour code the relevent bits of dash and surrounds.

thanks guys both look luuurrvly

and whats the thoughts on gauges?

Aftermarket ones (Boost, EGT et.cetera) or replacing the OEM ones?

Hi frank

well aftermarket ones for starters. as there are some done already but not good quality (some not working well) and different 1s.

so was looking at defi gauges as had them before but thought id ask the powers that know. you guys.

planning on freshening up the oem with plasma dials or something once thats done but again will have to all match

Hi frank

well aftermarket ones for starters. as there are some done already but not good quality (some not working well) and different 1s.

so was looking at defi gauges as had them before but thought id ask the powers that know. you guys.

planning on freshening up the oem with plasma dials or something once thats done but again will have to all match

Cant comment on the after market gauges for example Defi.

However for replacement OEM look at Moman dials for a exotic style dials, much nicer than some of the plasma stuff that was kicking around 10 years ago. Or (the route I shall take) Get metal monkey to make you some OEM style but to your design dial faces. Look much nicer and in keeping with the feel of the car.

ive just done a search for metal monkey. can find references but no pics or links to his/her/its work. any help?

my aim is to bring a bit more up to date and ideally match the aftermarket gauges i install.

moman dials do look swish must be said.

Metal monkey- http://www.metal-monkey.co.uk/acatalog/Dial_Gauges.html

You dont have to get the metal ones, they will custom print OE style ones, if your looking to match it to defi guages for example this would be the way to go as you could match the font perfect.

for example

http://www.internetwork.org.uk/dial/newdial.jpg

Moman- http://moman.pl/eu/toyota-supra-mk4---configurator,222,306.html

These will do various colour combinations

Edited by ripped_fear (see edit history)

Done so far:

- Topgaiters black leather w/red stitching gearstick gaiter

- Topgaiters black leather w/red stitching Handbrake gaiter

- TRD gearknob (Silver face, black leather red stitching stitching)

- 2014 Toyota Yaris steering wheel with paddle shifters, black leather with yep, red stitching

To do:

- Cobra Daytona front seats, black leather,red stitching, no logo, 3d mesh inners

- Topaiters leather door cards

- LED conversion (Going for white with green 'activated' buttons and red/white dials

- Rear seat delete, replace with a faux-firwall with a sub. Think of how a nissan GTR backseat looks with the sub/speaker, but instead just have a 'firewall' flush with the rear door cards. Someone on here has already done it but mine will be slightly altered.

Hi frank

I find the OEM look is the nicest, just change the lights to a more modern colour to update the cockpit. The UK spec speedo is a different OEM look but if your facelift you would need to look towards the aftermarket stuff for a MPH/KPH speedo face. TRD is nice but very expensive and extremely rare, the cheaper option is TRD "styled" gauge faces.

IMO electronic gauges are crap, you would be better off with a mechanical gauge for more accurate readouts. Granted they don't look as "flashy" but I'd take substance over style any day. See j_jza80's thread here, post #205 onwards - http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?312625-Jays-1997-VVTi-Paddleshift-build-thread-Video-in-post-308/page14

-OEM Leather front seats

-OEM re-trimmed facelift steering wheel in Black leather, with perforated hand grips

-Do-luck tensioner cage

-Custom Sub box

Did you get the sun visors?

-OEM Leather front seats

-Do-luck tensioner cage

-Custom Sub box

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=204024&stc=1&d=1439385044

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=204023&stc=1&d=1439385044

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=199155&stc=1&d=1427115406

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=197338&stc=1&d=1424019950

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/attachment.php?attachmentid=197336&stc=1&d=1424019950

I hope you're happy, because of this post I was forced to order brand new oem climate buttons :D

For gauges you can't go wrong with Defi.

I have water temp & inlet manifold pressure on mine (just NA), as well as EL-Glo dials that kind of match.

I've very nearly finished my rear seat delete and have just got my dash panels flocked.

Page 11 onwards for most recent stuff:

http://www.mkivsupra.net/vbb/showthread.php?299600-Kendo-s-Ridox-amp-Trial-Combo/page11

I went from all black jspec, to uk spec interior on mine.

I was lucky enough to find a really nice cream interior, and I think it feels a lot more upmarket now.

I also made a few custom parts, to make it a more convenient place to be.

Notice the twin cup holder in the arm rest, the 4 gauge pod, and ditched the auto select for a manual looking version, to escape the 90's feel!

I have done much the same as most, by trying to keep the OEM look as much as sensible, while giving it a slightly more modern touch

Main thing is the Blue LED conversion though and I went with SpeedHut White reverse Plasma dials

I have a totally Black Interior, as in Oem Leather Seats, Headlining, Carpet etc

Got to admit, I am thinking of getting a set of Evo Recaro's in half blue or possibly an even newer Recaro

I also made a few custom parts, to make it a more convenient place to be.

Notice the twin cup holder in the arm rest, the 4 gauge pod, and ditched the auto select for a manual looking version, to escape the 90's feel!

WoW thanks guys loads of great help and some great looking styles.

I will wade through project threads and update my mental shopping list.

@mk4Gaz you made the 4 gauge pod piller?! how? made spares? ones you can send to me thats brilliant look.

and do like the cupholder. it is the only thing that car is truly missing. a space for my drink.

@dogeyrog i really like the overall finish you have there. it is the jist of what i want to achieve. (thankfully a bit different and not blue)

Edited by Joker (see edit history)