The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Supra UK Spec for Sale on eBay - Really!

rider

Someone is selling a 1995 TOYOTA SUPRA UK SPEC on eBay and I think as many people as can be bothered should tell him his car is only a little bit nearer a UK Spec Supra than a Nissan Micra. Its even sporting that well known UK spec option, Range Rover brakes. You couldn't make it up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-TOYOTA-SUPRA-UK-SPEC/301737147621?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3Dbb1703346c1d494fb0b1feac93b74de1%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D27%26sd%3D161804964173

I must be wrong then, never realised Range Rover brakes were UK spec. Always figured it was steel vane turbos, larger (Toyota) brakes, active spoiler and headlight washers, 17 inch wheels etc. in the UK spec.

What on earth are you talking about? The car is a UK spec, he's swapped the front brakes for Range Rover ones, he quite clearly says that he has smoothed out the headlight washers and the wheels are aftermarket.

I must be wrong then, never realised Range Rover brakes were UK spec. Always figured it was steel vane turbos, larger (Toyota) brakes, active spoiler and headlight washers, 17 inch wheels etc. in the UK spec.

The ad doesn't say "totally original UK spec" does it!

An active spoiler also came on J-specs too btw, oh and this UK has one!

Someone is selling a 1995 TOYOTA SUPRA UK SPEC on eBay and I think as many people as can be bothered should tell him his car is only a little bit nearer a UK Spec Supra than a Nissan Micra. Its even sporting that well known UK spec option, Range Rover brakes. You couldn't make it up.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1995-TOYOTA-SUPRA-UK-SPEC/301737147621?_trksid=p2054897.c100204.m3164&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D20140407115239%26meid%3Dbb1703346c1d494fb0b1feac93b74de1%26pid%3D100204%26rk%3D6%26rkt%3D27%26sd%3D161804964173

Fail.

Nice car

Apart from the wheels, agreed.

Maybe the car should be advertised more properly as UK supplied or once upon a time a UK spec car because the current spec would be easier arrived at from a J car than a UK car. Glass headlights and leather seats does not really leave it anywhere close to a UK spec car.

Maybe the car should be advertised more properly as UK supplied or once upon a time a UK spec car because the current spec would be easier arrived at from a J car than a UK car. Glass headlights and leather seats does not really leave it anywhere close to a UK spec car.

Add seems fine to me its a UK car and has mods, I have a Jspec with different suspension/single turbo/bigger brakes/bodykit etc etc does that mean I cannot advertise as a J-spec

The cars still a uk spec car, complete with full uk spec interior, tail lights, bumper, head lights, hood scoop, all factory optional extras, and assuming injectors, resistors, turbos, plenum etc etc. Just some brakes that have been changed at the end of the day.

If you put uk brakes on a jspec car it doesnt make it a uk car, so why would it work the other way round.

Pleased its all provided a bit of have a dig sport for some of you guys. Think I'm just about done with this forum.

I’ve concluded it just comes down to my appreciation for unmolested stock spec with matching numbers cars is much higher than most and I'll continue to maintain my J spec that I've owned from nearly new in that condition. For me the only difference for a UK supplied vehicle, seeing they were built in the same factory, is that the specification was different, perceived better than the standard J Spec grey imports. So, if you significantly modify the spec a UK spec vehicle then is really no difference to a modified J spec. In which instance, this particular ‘UK spec’ car, is a bit expensive for a non stock TT auto.

Read slowly so you can take it in np89. A forum is normally there to pass comment, or advice not judgment. I am no moron, I'm actually fairly intelligent. I'm not ignorant, I probably know more about Supras than 99% of forum members having owned various variant for 25 years and my current one for 18 years. As for arrogance you have me beat hand down on that matey. So off and play nicely.

We'll keep the Supra Classifieds section to it's intended purpose - thread starters advertising their own Supra for sale. :)

I don't think this thread is going anywhere productive anyway, so it's the end of the road.

If further discussions on the spec of the car concerned are to continue, a new thread can be started in 'Supra Chat'. :thumbs: