The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Brakeline connectors

ham

I bought a set of Goodridge stainless steel brake lines a while back and finally got around to getting a garage to fit them today but I was told the female connector is different to the ones on already?

Apparently, according to the guy at the garage, on the lines I got the thread is flush with the edge of the connector whereas the OEM one is inset slightly. This meant it didn't fit on properly and that the bracket didn't hold it in place correctly. Or something...

Can anyone confirm if these are the right ones for my n/a, non ABS (as far as I know) 1994?

Looking online they look the same as pretty much all the other connectors but I'm not certain if it's different for ABS/Non-ABS

edit: so after more googling some more apparently all models use the same connectors... so I'm not too sure why these couldn't be fitted to mine

IMG_20150921_184147.jpg

IMG_20150921_184221.jpg

Edited by ham (see edit history)

Those look exactly like the ones i have on my car...what the guy may be referring to is a lip around the nozzle of the hard brake line. Sometimes these need to be filed/sanded down a tad just so the lip can sit and be screwed into the aftermarket female braided lines.

They should fit with no problem, some may need a little tampering with to sit straight and be held correctly with the clips etc

• 2 weeks later...

Cheers. I ended up going back for something else, they tried again and were adamant they were the wrong types. Went somewhere else and they fitted them no problems at all. :banghead:

If only I had somewhere to do it myself, would've saved a lot of aggro