The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1997 Facelift Aerotop BorgWarner S366 Single V161 6 Speed ***Now accepting offers***

marc_p

****NO LONGER FOR SALE, LOVE IS BACK FOR IT****

I know I am going to regret this and it's a hard thing to write, but a new Mustang is on the horizon and the Supra needs to go :(

Before I get to the current standing of the car, a breakdown of mods as it is currently:

Engine

2JZ-GTE Engine

Super Spark Coilpacks

Unorthodox Racing Water Pump Pulley

Unorthodox Racing Fan Pulley

Unorthodox Racing Alternator Pulley

Garage Whifbitz Idler Pulley

Borg Warner S366 Turbo w/ polished housing

Whifbitz Twin Wastegate Manifold

2x Turbosmart 40mm Wastgates

4" Alloy intake pipe

Goodridge braided oil feed line

Billet alluminium oil drain flanges

3.5" Kakimoto Exhaust System with 4.5" exit

K&N Air Filter

K&N ICV Filter

K&N Oil Filter

Whifbitz 3.5" v-band downpipe

Carbon Fibre Fuse Box cover

TRD Oil Cap

Gates Racing Cambelt

Gates Racing Fanbelt

Garage Whifbitz Magnetic Sump Plug

Garage Whifbitz Billet cambelt tensioner bracket

Powerhouse Racing Modified Cam Covers

Powerhouse Racing Breather System

NGK Iridium BKR8EIX Spark Plugs

Fuelling

AEM 380Lph Fuel Pump

Bosch in-tank adapter

Sard 800cc Injectors

Aeromotive Fuel Pressure Regulator

Aeromotive FP Guage

Garage Whifbitz Fuel Pulsation Dampner removal hose

Garage Whifbitz FPR Fitting Kit

Management

Motec M600 ECU

HKS EVC-S Boost Controller

Apexi Turbo Timer

Launch Control Programmed Through Motec

Traction Control Programmed Through Motec

Anti-Lag Programmed through Motec

Secondary Lamba O2 sensor programmed through Motec

Full Throttle Up-Shift Programmed through Motec

Motec Data Logging

AEM AFR Gauge

TT6 Loom from donor car

ABS and TC system from donor car

GM 3 Bar MAP sensor

MAC Boost Solenoid

Cooling

AFR Dualcore intercooler

Koyorad Radiator

APR Carbon Fibre Cooling Plate

3.5" Alloy intercooler piping

Whifbitz 72 celcius thermostat

Twin Electric Fans

Drivetrain

V161 6 Speed Getrag Gearbox

TRD Gearbox Mount

TRD Clutch Line

RPS Cyn-R-G Flywheel

RPS Stage 3 6-Puck Clutch

AP Engineering Shifter Bushes

A03B Limited Slip Differential

Hubs, driveshafts, etc taken from TT6 donor car

Manual gearbox tunnel taken from TT6 Donor Car

Chassis

Tein Flex Coilovers

Tein Electronic Damping Force Control

Super Pro Lower Control Arm Bushes, front and rear, inner and outer

Super Pro Upper Control Arm Bushes, front and rear inner and outer

Super Pro Anti Roll Bar Bushes front and rear

Super Pro Subframe Bushes front and rear

Super Pro Steering Rack Bushes

Super Pro Diff Bushes

Subframes taken from TT6 donor car

Ultra Racing transmission tunnel brace

Driftworks rear camber adjusters

Braking

UK Spec Calipers

Brembo Disks

Brembo Pads

Goddridge Braided brake lines

Interior

Gear stick and handbrake gaiters trimmed in black leather with blue stiching

Sony double din headunit

Boston Audio speakers in place of standard speakers

Dash and clocks taken from Facelift TT6 Donor car

Carbon Fibre centre console cover

New OEM Parts

Crank Pulley

Cambelt Tensioner

Water pump

Oil pump

Exhaust Gasket

Inlet gaskets

Fuel Filter

That car currently stands me at a figure of above £50k including the original purchase price, which in my opinion, makes my asking price a bit of a bargain.

The car is in perfect running condition, the engine has had a full check over and compression and leakdown tests and all is perfect, however, it is not quite finished, on the last mapping session, the clutch was slipping and the fuel pump was struggling to keep up, so it was again dumped on a conservative map and not to exceed 3k rpm to avoid any issue as it couldnt get a good map once the single started to spool, I have my new AEM pump and clutch ready to go in and send the car back for mapping, expecting around 700hp without straining anything too much.

I have boxes of spares to go with it

In regard to bad points:

The paintwork could ideally do with a blow over, the car was originally RSP and it has had a blow over in a lighter shade that is starting to flake in a few places.

The car is very loud, I would try and find a quieter exhaust system, it sounds fantastic, but gets annoying quickly.

Oil light is on, this would be sorted in the next mapping session though, oil pressure is perfect.

ABS Light is on, this is bacause when everything is stripped down to re-paint/replace the drivers side rear sensor broke(very common), so I would supply a brand new sensor and happy to cover any costs associated with replacing it.

Current mileage of the car is 76k miles and although it currently has no MOT, it will have one put on for a buyer.

Please appreciate that this is not a combo you really come accross Facelift/Aerotop/6 Speed/Single and I can't think of another in existence, this was also done using a FULL TT6 donor car, so EVERY part was swapped, it wasn't your normal engine/gearbox and diff change, it had all subframes, suspension parts, dash, clocks, brakes, it was the entire car and was done at AFR, labour alone amounted to over £3k.

So, the bit you all want, the price. Due to it's current standing, I'm happy to offer 2 different price options:

As it is £19,000 and buyer has clutch and pump replaced(which I will include with sale) and sent for final map.

With the above done £21,000

I think that I have priced the car fairly and even as much as it would break my heart to see it, you could break the car and get back more than the above.

Also note that this is a high power single, with adjoining mods, so with the RPS flywheel and clutch and a TRD mount, the gearbox is noisy, with the engine mods, the car is noisy, don't expect it to be quiet and refined :D

Happy to answer any questions and thanks for reading.

Will try and get better pics shortly

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205162[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205162[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205163[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205164[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205165[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]205166[/ATTACH]

Thanks for the comments guys, it really is a hard decision to sell this, but the yank V8 itch is just getting too much, always used the excuse of them being LHD to try and put myself off them, but with the new Mustang coming here in RHD, I cannot resist any longer.

Sorry to go a little of topic here but how did you find the difference from stock up pads and disks to the brembos? And where do you get them from?

Beautiful looking car there mate at a real bargain price this won't hang around for long

Glwts mate

Can't really help there, I got them with the callipers, so the car went straight from J spec to UK spec with the disks and pads, they are pattern part ones though, no drilled/grooved ones.

What I would give to buy this back!!!!

It's been an emotional journey of ups and downs and it's certainly come a long way, I honestly believed I would never sell this car, but times change and the funds won't allow another car, I have a new E-Class on order for me and the missus, still have the 944 and R32 GTR and hoping to go lay a deposit down with Ford to get on the Mustang waiting list next month, this car just has too much money in it for the one that gets used the least.

An absolutely stunning car this! You're a fool for selling really :D

GLWTS Marc great car :)

I know I am, I very much doubt this will be my last Supra though as I have had 4 of them and never been without one for the past 7 1/2 years. I will probably find myself picking up a nice standard TT6 in the not to distant future, once the R32 peaks in value, I'll more than likely trade out for a standard TT6 as an investment.

Good luck with the sale Mark - You are so close to the finishing line, I would suggest you fit the clutch, upgrade the fuel pump (You may need to upgrade the size of the power cable to it at the same time) and you will have a cracking car to sell. A VERY well spec'd car that will fit the needs of a serious buyer.

There is only one other thing that I would suggest... get that TRD mount off your gearbox, the noise will put people off - I thought mine was faulty when I had it on and it was horrible!

Good luck with the sale Mark - You are so close to the finishing line, I would suggest you fit the clutch, upgrade the fuel pump (You may need to upgrade the size of the power cable to it at the same time) and you will have a cracking car to sell. A VERY well spec'd car that will fit the needs of a serious buyer.

There is only one other thing that I would suggest... get that TRD mount off your gearbox, the noise will put people off - I thought mine was faulty when I had it on and it was horrible!

Thanks Jon. Still fully intend to finish but it's going to be a month or 2 til I get the time, hence putting it up for sale now with the option of someone else doing the last bits. I know what you mean about the TRD mount, I get some crazy gearbox noises under acceleration from 1500-3000 rpm especially. I'll get a normal one back on if I get a chance though.

Good luck Marc, I have been going on Dragonball events with this car since 2011. Very well priced too if you consider how much just a TT6 Aero would set you back alone.

Such a stunning car with the roof off, shame you are selling it for a slow Ford. :D

• 1 month later...

Absolutely awesome car dude, nice to see you've kept it so simple on the outside too :) I hope you either get someone to pay your asking price or you keep it for yourself. Would be a shame to see you take a bad offer on it after all the hard work you've put in.

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.