The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Happily de-catted

splurge

Well, I've taken the plunge and had a Chris Wilson de-cat, including the restrictor ring, FCD etc.

What can I say? Fantastic! It feels like it was meant to be this way. Those annoying little pauses that seemed to affect the car's performance before aren't there any more, the noise is creamy and just that little bit raucous without quite setting the neighbours on edge first thing in the morning, and it just seems to make more of the power more useable all of the time.

Thanks to Chris for a top job.

Now all I need is a sympathetic MOT station in Essex and I'm laughing.

Anybody thinking about getting one and still not quite sure - do it!

Guess I still need a new back box to qualify as BPU, huh?

Nice one! It's on my to do list :)

I think changing the stock cat back exhaust will make a big difference, when I had mine changed the stock one looked VERY restrictive, I got more boost when I switched over to a nurspec.

Hopefully I'll get it on the rolling road in the next week and see exactly how much of a difference.

Glad you're happy.... bring on the good weather.

I was swithering over this one...hassle with MOT, etc. but this has made up my mind!

What else did you have to do forby restrictor ring & FCD?

Nice one :)

Well, I've taken the plunge and had a Chris Wilson de-cat, including the restrictor ring, FCD etc.

What can I say? Fantastic! It feels like it was meant to be this way. Those annoying little pauses that seemed to affect the car's performance before aren't there any more, the noise is creamy and just that little bit raucous without quite setting the neighbours on edge first thing in the morning, and it just seems to make more of the power more useable all of the time.

Thanks to Chris for a top job.

Now all I need is a sympathetic MOT station in Essex and I'm laughing.

Anybody thinking about getting one and still not quite sure - do it!

Guess I still need a new back box to qualify as BPU, huh?

i really want to go down this path too.... but have no idea where to start........ car is totally stock desides the backbox which i tink is an apex....

Is it j-spec or a uk??

It really is a beutiful thing isn't it?? The performance it gives, and that extra sound too?? Just amazing. Splurge, get the back box and get ready for the sound to really make your bones shake.

Havn't had the hassel of the MOT yet, but i tell you it's worth it, big time. :p

Well your shopping list shoul look similr to this.

1. FCD/VFCC

2. Decat Pipes (be a devil and dump both cats)

3. Because it's an import you'll need a restricter ring, which if you get the pipes from Mr. Wilson, then he can supply too.

4. Hopefully you have boost Gauge alredy as you are gonna need to keep an eye on all this new power.

5. Backbox is always good, just to help get rid of that air a little better

6. EGT gauge should also be looked into here, again, safty is important when running higher boost.

Now 1-4 shouldn't set you back more than £250-300, depending what and where you go. But the mods are worth 10 times that when on the car (Power wise :D ).

My twins are coming up to 11 years now and everything seems fine "Touch Wood". I think it's the second one that you need to remove for better performance of the 2 as it's more restrictive. Im sure if you stick it in the search it'll bring it all up. Or email Chris and he'll explain all.

James, it's the first cat that is the most restrictive, the one nearest the turbos.

BTW your twins are looking good in that avatar :read:

Well your shopping list shoul look similr to this.

1. FCD/VFCC

2. Decat Pipes (be a devil and dump both cats)

3. Because it's an import you'll need a restricter ring, which if you get the pipes from Mr. Wilson, then he can supply too.

4. Hopefully you have boost Gauge alredy as you are gonna need to keep an eye on all this new power.

5. Backbox is always good, just to help get rid of that air a little better

6. EGT gauge should also be looked into here, again, safty is important when running higher boost.

Now 1-4 shouldn't set you back more than £250-300, depending what and where you go. But the mods are worth 10 times that when on the car (Power wise :D ).

What is an EGT gauge?

What is an EGT gauge?

Exhaust Gas Temperatures

I have CW pipes (& restrictor ring) too and got them fitted by Paul W. for abot £250 (fittiing included doing a fcd too).

But im sure you can get other pipes for less (maybe less quality but depends on budget) and could (try) fitting them yourself of get a local mechanic to do it.