The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Bonnet damper set

black_widow87

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

I bought mine from Whifbitz:

http://www.garagewhifbitz.co.uk/garage-whifbitz-1644.html

Good fit and look great in the carbon. Id looked elsewhere for cheaper options, but by the time you pay shipping and duty etc, its pretty much the same price. I do however find the brackets tend to move slightly, i think thats a fault of my own though. Need to really tighten them up.

I bought my dampners from SGS engineering and they are great quality, a nice black matt finish as well, I went for 2 x - GS8-18-210-260 Fixed Force Gas Struts with a NM force of 300NM each which seems to be perfect. You will then need to buy some brackets off ebay or somewhere, SGS do sell brackets but I ended up using some off an old kit.

http://www.sgs-engineering.com/gas-struts?gclid=Cj0KEQjwipi4BRD7t6zGl6m75IgBEiQAn7CfF65pOU08xoZTGz2a5d0UbAY6tyKCeYbS51EAfw27PL8aAgdZ8P8HAQ

I also used SGS dampers after seeing Matts, definitely better quality that those seen in the 'off the shelf' kits. I had my local fabricator make my brackets, and had them powdercoated black. Very substantial setup now.

• 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...

Right iv gone down the SGS damper route, however, 300NM doesn't seem to hold the weight of my bonnet up. I do have a UK scoop but surely that shouldn't make much difference? Also does anybody that has used this product have any pics of there brackets? There are 2 factory holes in the hinges and did wonder how people use brackets when the holes line up pretty much perfectly.. One side hold the washer fluid pipe, but surely can be re-routed?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.