The mkiv Supra Owners Club

1st turbo maximum bar at BPU!

fastcar

Just out of interest what's the maximum bar pressure on the first turbo people are seeing in there supras running between 1.2-1.3bar?

I'm seeing 0.55 bar on the first turbo and then around 1.3bar when both are on full chat! Pretty sure it should be boosting around 0.7-0.8?

Thanks in advance

I ran 1.3bar on J Specs no issues at all

I ran my j-specs for about 3-4 years never had a problem what so ever. Just depends i suppose.

I see about the same on mine mate. I'm running 1.2/1.3 bar.

Great thanks! Mine seems a little sluggish on the first tubby that's all. To be honest I think my BOV is leaking at low boost

Sorry to hijack - but in line with this question, my car isn't BPU, it's stock, so what should my original/standard boost gauge be reading...every time you put your foot down it shoots to the top of the gauge (so 1 bar +) but I know the car shouldn't be making this kind of boost prior to BPU/decatting...

Thanks lads, a boost leak is what I was thinking. I'm aiming towards the HKS sequential BOV I have installed. It's been on there while now, had the car for 8 years and was on there when I got it so has probably seen better days. I take it there won't be any adverse effects if I just remove it and cap off the exit of the main boost pipe to see if that solves it?

Thanks lads, a boost leak is what I was thinking. I'm aiming towards the HKS sequential BOV I have installed. It's been on there while now, had the car for 8 years and was on there when I got it so has probably seen better days. I take it there won't be any adverse effects if I just remove it and cap off the exit of the main boost pipe to see if that solves it?

No problems at all :)