The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Leather covers from interior-innovations

jza800

I have now received the leather covers from interior-innovations, they look really great and looking forward to get them on my seats, so those who are interested to follow the mounting of them on my seats i will put some pictures in here..

first some pictures of the set

got around to fit the leather on the seatrest it was not easy but got around it and happy with the result

Edited by jza800 (see edit history)

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

yes it was only to trie if i could get them on with the fabric still on the headrest.. i could do it but it was not easy and a very tight fit, the hardest part was to close the zipper.. and could not suck it together as many do to put the cover on, because the shape of the headrest, as it would cause problems with zipper..

When I covered mine I put a carrier bag over top made it easier to slide covers on but I still had to man handle it abit and for the zippers put a small cable tie in there so you can pull it flat to the covers that makes it easier too :)

And for the main seat covers use all the old metal rods in the old covers and I used big cable ties to pull new covers nice and tight and this is 100% easier then the proper hog ties mine has been fine and tight for last couple years

Edited by supra900bhp (see edit history)

did you have problem with the stitching seems like this, it seems like i go apart at the end.. i think is is because it is stuffed out from the fabric on the headrest

yes i have looked at this guide: http://www.supraforums.com/forum/showthread.php?746194

but couldent use it to my headrest..

Edited by jza800 (see edit history)

I am really surprised how strong the leater seems to be, very easy to work with, but still it is very tight fit, but again have only done the headrest for now, and did say to my self, it wil go apart in the stitching or the leather would give back, as i have pulled and pulled in the leather to get them on the headrest.. but no it held it without problems.. i am impressive for now