The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Question for the Na-t guys.or anyone that would know

sidewaysdan

I would like to get a tt intake or maybe a nice plenum as I want to tidy the engine bay up a bit and not a massive fan of the intake on the Na. and maybe a distributor/dizzy delete done for future turbo upgrade could anyone tell me a ruff cost to do this and the best place to take it.

Thanks Dan

Edited by sidewaysdan (see edit history)

The manifolds have different bolt patterns, from memory, and you would need some fabrication and machining work.

There's a lot to be said for long intake runners and a fairly small throttle valve, from a torque and drivability point of view. Just keep the bonnet shut if you don't like the look of the N/A manifold, like I do with the door of the spare room so I don't see the mess inside. :)

Some people delete the dizzy claiming issues at low boost.

Some people run dizzy in the US and get great power.

Replacing the intake for a ffim may require battery relocation and steering res. That's wasted money unless you're doing it for performance reasons. As you're also need to re-route all your intercooler piping.

I have a FFIM that I was going to weld onto a set of runners, and weld an IACV flange onto it as well. PM me if you're interested. It would be to suit NA and OEM throttle body