The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Prices increases by the new year?

Guest TheRedViper

Guest TheRedViper

Obviously no one knows what the prices are going to be like but does anyone have any thoughts?

I've been told I'm being deployed at the end of this year for 6 weeks, so have decided to put buying my supra on hold so I don't have to leave it sat for 6 weeks in the winter.

Looking for a clean TT, auto or manual, budget will be very flexible for the right car.

Guest markolambo
We are talking a few hundred here so personally I wouldn't let that worry or influence me. I'd rather spend the time finding a decent car and you'll find that difference anyway between good & okay cars.

This..find a good car..

There's currently a TT6 in the Japanese auctions with an estimate of £27k... The disparity between supply and demand is going to keep driving prices up IMO, though I would imagine it will slow down a little towards the end of the year.

But be prepared for some fairly major gains again next year. :)

There's currently a TT6 in the Japanese auctions with an estimate of £27k... The disparity between supply and demand is going to keep driving prices up IMO, though I would imagine it will slow down a little towards the end of the year.

I agree re supply, not sure if the demand will increase, stay the same or drop though. As the years go by more and more modern'ish cars creep down into the same price bracket, meaning buyers can get drawn elsewhere. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few years.

I agree re supply, not sure if the demand will increase, stay the same or drop though. As the years go by more and more modern'ish cars creep down into the same price bracket, meaning buyers can get drawn elsewhere. It'll be interesting to see what happens over the next few years.

I think it will increase without a doubt, as more and more are getting crashed and written off, fewer examples are available which will only drive up the price.

I currently drive a 'modern' BMW 645 but is no comparison to the effect the Supra had when driving it around. It will be one of these cars, that petrol heads would one day like to own.

But most of those cars aren't iconic. The Supra is an iconic car (certainly in the cultural sense), more so than most other Japanese cars, due to its use in the Fast and the Furious franchise, and the level of tunability and the resulting plethora of amazing YouTube videos. It may not have the pedigree of something like an NSX or R32 Skyline GTR, but purely in the cultural sense it has them both beaten.

Certainly once these cars are available for export to the USA, expect prices to shoot up significantly. Especially models that weren't available or uncommon in the US.

Well, I'm perhaps more conservative in general, I'm just not sure about the numbers interested long term we've lost a fair few 'die hards' on here recently and I don't see masses of newbies, certainly not that many with top end budgets. I'm not concerned too much either way, as an enthusiast I spose I just don't really see price rises as a great thing!

Guest markolambo

They are just differnt..stylewise from the bland boxes that most car makers churn out other than supercars etc....they are relatively cheap and if your buy based on condition your not gonna lose...just make sure you can afford to maintain as if you do resell no one buys a basket case

Well someone's certainly buying them, as otherwise there wouldn't be a shortage of TT6's and we wouldn't have seen the price increases of the last 12 months. :)

equally if there was significant pent up demand even at these higher prices Jurgen etc would be bringing in loads to meet that demand, there is always a balance and it will be interesting to see what happens.

That must be for one of the last one's as I messaged Jurgen a few weeks ago a 93 TT6 on the road starting from around 10k admitted the one I picked out the auction as a example to ask Jurgen had a full veil side kit on it . I don't think UK price hikes are just supra related look at earlier skylines,rx7's and I even saw an ad a few months ago on the GTR forum guy added 5k on the price reason to reflect current prices rising.

I think the only car that will fetch big collectors money in time is a UK spec standard original. The USA import market they will be after the LHD's from Europe it's like us driving a lhd over here most of us IMO would not bother, but they might import a rhd though with lots of toys on to break .

I love the mkiv I had 4 but everything has a shelf life and it's getting old now. I was shocked at the hike in Toyota part prices earlier this year it's going to cost more to maintain a ever increasing old car .It will be interesting what will happen to the forum over the next few years as this year it has certainty gone down hill not much seems to be going on these days its almost dead.

If Toyota do release the mk5 then that could do what the mkiv did to the mk3 especially if they keep it affordable and approachable to the people as they said. Also with Bmw releasing the same car it will only drive production numbers up so even if it starts off at 60-70k like the GTR I reckon same as the GTR 5-6years later 25-30k has come off that price already couple that with grey imports coming from Japan as no doubt a proper next gen Supra if it does have 480hp stock electric motor it will no doubt be a hit we all know the first to install stage 1 mod's will already have it over 500hp

If Toyota do release the mk5 then that could do what the mkiv did to the mk3 especially if they keep it affordable and approachable to the people as they said.

I doubt that. The break has been so long and technology advanced so far that any new Supra wouldn't be so much the next generation evolution as a series would suggest but a completely unrelated motor sharing a name. There are millions of Khans in the UK but I'm sure they aren't all related.