The mkiv Supra Owners Club

N/a or single turbo

Guest Graves

Hello,

Looking to get my first supra and looking to get a n/a or single turbo manual.

Hoping to get one before January.

If your selling one pm me.

Thanks

Ryan

I'm guessing the OP is not 100% clued up on Toyota Supra mkIV model and engine specs from factory....? (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm guessing you think the Supra goes in order of power levels:

Supra N/A

Supra Single Turbo

Supra Twin Turbo

Am I right? (I've encountered this a lot recently)....

Reading the op other post it seems his insurance is cheaper on a single turbo? I think the insurance company have got it really wrong. I would advise the op to check with them that they know what a single turbo supra is before buying one. Graves if you want some more advise just send me a pm I'm happy to help as it can be confusing

Sorry abit confused. I have a paid membership drift bear. Sorry if I sound like a idiot

I thought they went na, na-t, single, twin. I maybe wrong?

I see! Right thanks,

I thought a na-t was a conversion and the supras come single and twin.

I have between 7 and 8k if that's a reasonable budget

The supras come from the factory as an n/a or a twin turbo. All singles are a modified upgrade.

You budget will get you a nice na-t but I don't think you will get a tt single.

If your stuck finding a nice na-t you can buy a nice na and get a trader to turbo it for you.

Edited to remove unauthorised traders name.

Sounds like you would be well advised to do lots of homework on the mkiv before you go to buy one.

Whatever you look at be it NA, NA-T, TT, Single T, manual 6 speed, 5 speed, Auto, J spec or UK

Make sure your insurance quotes aren't for the mk3, this seems to happen a lot

Insurance isn't a issue.

So judging by what input everyone has had I am best to get a NA or a NA-T?

Can anyone put me in touch with someone who's selling one, seen a few na online but there in bad shape or high mileage.

Insurance isn't a issue.

So judging by what input everyone has had I am best to get a NA or a NA-T?

Can anyone put me in touch with someone who's selling one, seen a few na online but there in bad shape or high mileage.

Your not going to find a low mileage one for the money you are looking at spending.

You get what you pay for and with the price of the Supra rising people are hanging onto them.

7and half grand if this is your budget will get you a Auto TT. or a NA 5 speed manual or a NA-T manual or Auto variant theirs allot of research to do i spend a good 6 months looking and researching and another year searching for my car.

and 6speed na manual you may get lucky and get one for the top end of your budget.

Good luck and your in the right place or advice, questions and research :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. You might also be interested in our Guidelines, Privacy Policy and Terms of Use.