The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Newbie with a difference

Guest FD2jzrx7

Guest FD2jzrx7

hey,

New to the forum obviously, ive joined this as part of my car will be 2JZ GTE single turbo, the home for it will be inside a mazda rx7 :-)

new to the supra 2jz world so brace yourselfs for the questioning of a life time if i cant find what im looking for. My current shell is stripped just needs more labour into it to prep it for the home of the 6 cyclinder beast, how ever there is a good chance i could be buy another rx partially built with the GTE lump, i will be requiring a few more bits to complete it so no doubt you will see me floating around the forum in the next few months or so.

looking forward to meeting you all.

Benji:p

Guest FD2jzrx7
Interesting project Benji! Welcome to the club.

Always loved the RX7's but never bought one because of the engine reliability. Will the weight of the 2JZ not upset the handling too much?

thank you, as much as i love rotarys i dont think my pockets are deep enough for the up keep and rebuilds for drifting. It will upset the balance indeed, the jz hangs around 6inches over the axel then obviously the weight too, intend on keeping as much weight to the rear as i can within reason just to help the offset of weight, im likly to fabricate some little trays to poor some melted lead in the back or a rear mounted radiator.

Its only going to be drifted anyway, with very little if any road use so im happy. because racecar lol

Welcome mate, would be nice to see a project thread up as this is what I want to do eventually :)

thank you mate, i will eventually start a build thread, prob tonight as my rex currently stands and also the possible other RX7 shell i may possibly be buying :-) if i do buy this other shell, i will be doing a forsale with it lol

Guest FD2jzrx7
Welcome to the forums mate! Sounds like a cool project, looking forward to updates and pics!

Thank you bud :-) will be slow going at first then should just randomly start to take off lol

Guest FD2jzrx7
Welcome. Sounds like an interesting project. Aren't you worried about weight distribution?

The search function is very much your friend here - pretty much everything has been covered before :)

hey, thank you, im not as worried as i maybe should be but as its only going sideways and not circuit im not too bothered. I will be Mounting the radiator in the back and a bit of tube frame into a decent center jacking point to add a little more to help it. that way up front i can pull the IC closer in so theres not too much weight over hanging.

the search function is going to get burned out pretty soon, to find out if the stock water pump will be sufficent enought to pump water front to back, dont think it will be but i will have a good drawing board lol

Guest boomerkk
hey,

New to the forum obviously, ive joined this as part of my car will be 2JZ GTE single turbo, the home for it will be inside a mazda rx7 :-)

new to the supra 2jz world so brace yourselfs for the questioning of a life time if i cant find what im looking for. My current shell is stripped just needs more labour into it to prep it for the home of the 6 cyclinder beast, how ever there is a good chance i could be buy another rx partially built with the GTE lump, i will be requiring a few more bits to complete it so no doubt you will see me floating around the forum in the next few months or so.

looking forward to meeting you all.

Benji:p

a few months ago I sat in a rx-8 with a 2jz vvti. engine was stock and auto but still such power and torque in the light chassis made it a scary fast ride

thank you, as much as i love rotarys i dont think my pockets are deep enough for the up keep and rebuilds for drifting. It will upset the balance indeed, the jz hangs around 6inches over the axel then obviously the weight too, intend on keeping as much weight to the rear as i can within reason just to help the offset of weight, im likly to fabricate some little trays to poor some melted lead in the back or a rear mounted radiator.

Its only going to be drifted anyway, with very little if any road use so im happy. because racecar lol

thank you mate, i will eventually start a build thread, prob tonight as my rex currently stands and also the possible other RX7 shell i may possibly be buying :-) if i do buy this other shell, i will be doing a forsale with it lol

Sounds like a good project!

Did you ever consider the 1jz engine when planning as it would reduce the weight a little bit I believe. Just a though.

Looking forward to the pics and videos!

Guest FD2jzrx7
a few months ago I sat in a rx-8 with a 2jz vvti. engine was stock and auto but still such power and torque in the light chassis made it a scary fast ride

my shell weights about 1100kg ish at the moment so looking forward to the power to weight, although it will be fully caged etc

Sounds like a good project!

Did you ever consider the 1jz engine when planning as it would reduce the weight a little bit I believe. Just a though.

Looking forward to the pics and videos!

i did look at the 1jz yeah, they keep cooler better than the 2jz, i belive they are lighter also, it was a case of mmm if i had enough funds it would be 2jz, if not then 1jz but the shell i will be buying instead of the one i have now already has the 2j insitue and caged, its a class shell and i cant wait to get started with it all now.

few little hurdles to get over with me moving an all, so id say around november time it will all start, thought it would be good to get into the forum now and get into the swing of things

Guest FD2jzrx7

Guest FD2jzrx7

thanks bud, i used to be a BMW man, had a test drive in my first jap car, this RX i was hooked in about 20 seconds of full throttle, went like a go cart on steroids, i had to have it, i swapped my e60 530 straight for it. But i had this feeling i had to build it and track it no road it, so i used it until the MOT and tax ran out then took it off the road in 2012 i think, and went from there, with a view to time attack it and with the rotary, but i always had in the back of my head that the engine is no doubt going to go back at some point and if i want to track it im going to need deep pockets to keep building it to be consistent.

I though mmm 2jz GTE and drift it instead, and here we are lol

this is the car stock as i got it, with my BMW in the back ground lol

Guest FD2jzrx7

cool would like to follow yours too, always interesting seeing how others do it, im currently in deep convo with another lad doing an fd2jz swap, its very handy as we both doing it ourselfs so we are just bouncing info off each other