The mkiv Supra Owners Club

NA and TT Crank Sprockets the Same?

Style

My Supra is not starting at the moment and due to the rev needle not bouncing when I turn the starter I'm thinking my crank sprocket has separated from the trigger wheel.

Is this something that can happen to NA's like it does with TT's? If so, do I need a welded crank sprocket as the NA and TT ones seem to look a little different? The NA's don't have a star pattern at the back from what I can see.

NA sprocket:

TT sprocket:

Any help appreciated :)

Edited by Style (see edit history)

No as they do not have a crank sensor on the bottom pulley there is no timing star

Awesome thanks Lee, that clears that up.

Could the no start issue still be caused by the crank sprocket failing somehow? Dizzy etc is brand new so thinking the crank position sensor should be okay

Awesome thanks Lee, that clears that up.

Could the no start issue still be caused by the crank sprocket failing somehow? Dizzy etc is brand new so thinking the crank position sensor should be okay

They do not have a crank sensor at all so no.

Check the timing is ok though and that its sparking and got fuel

They do not have a crank sensor at all so no.

Check the timing is ok though and that its sparking and got fuel

Okay so can rule that out then. Saves a big job at least :D

I'm not getting spark which I've traced back as far as the ignition coil. I've replaced with a new one as well as a different igniter and still nothing. Everything forward of the coil is brand new (all the way to plugs). Thinking now is that the crank sensor is faulty or something.

Car was running fine until it just started to die every now and then. Would start after a good few tries and disconnecting the battery. Now it just turns on the starter and the rev needle wont move.

Okay so can rule that out then. Saves a big job at least :D

I'm not getting spark which I've traced back as far as the ignition coil. I've replaced with a new one as well as a different igniter and still nothing. Everything forward of the coil is brand new (all the way to plugs). Thinking now is that the crank sensor is faulty or something.

Car was running fine until it just started to die every now and then. Would start after a good few tries and disconnecting the battery. Now it just turns on the starter and the rev needle wont move.

Fuel? pump, injectors?