The mkiv Supra Owners Club

Looking for some new seats

pete.osborne69

Hi, im looking to replace my stock jdm seats, but i am not sure which are good seats and which arn't.

I would love them to be comfy and stop me from sliding around

I have read that the recaro speeds compliment the car and are really comfy

what would you recommend and have you got any pictures.

the seats would be either fitted with a 4 or 6 point harness

thanks

Pete

Hi Pete :)

Having had several types, there are two I would really recommend. If the car is purely a weekend toy, it is hard to beat the Recaro Speeds. They look fantastic, are amazing quality, very supportive and great comfort. If the car is a daily, I would personally recommend the Recaro Trendline or Topline. These aren't quite as supportive as the Speeds, but the smaller bolsters make them easier to get in and out of, they're comfier and they look more OEM+.

Both are great seats that you will not be disappointed with :cool: They are both found fitted as factory seats in plenty of cars, and they will both take harnesses.

Recaro Speed

Recaro Trendline/Topline

It is used as a daily driver but I don't cover much distance normally except meets and other things like that and I travelled to London 2 a year

As for the ease of getting in and out of the car that doesn't bother me much I have done a bit or rallying and with a roll cage and bucket seats that was a pita so any thing less awkward then that is fine

I assume both seats take the 4 point harness only

The Speeds pictures seem to have a slot for a 5th harness, but generally they are 4 point only. Also, if you are buying used, I would personally avoid the Supra specific OEM Recaros. They're expensive, and you can't get new side/shoulder bolsters for their unique design.

It took me a while to find some, but they are OEM equipment in RenaulSport Clio's and Meganes :) SO I was searching 'Renault Recaro' etc rather than 'Recaro Trendline'. They do tend to be expensive in this finish though, I was very lucky with mine. Generally they are £500-£900 on eBay... :eek: